via press release:
"" PREMIERES JULY 7 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK...AS WELL AS ONLINE, ON SHOWTIME® AND ON NEW MOBILE PLATFORMS
Newest Offering Includes Mobile App with 24/7 Live Feed for Android Smart Phones and Tablets
Mobile and Online Platforms Also Feature New Fan Interactive Games, Cast Bios and Photos, Access toFantasy Teams and the Latest Videos and Behind-the-Scenes Clips
CBS Partners Again with RealNetworks for Live 24/7 "All Access" Feeds from Inside the House, and SHOWTIME for ": After Dark"
Another summer ofbegins July 7 on the CBS Television Network, bringing with it a host of companion presentations via cable, online and mobile platforms.
For the 11th consecutive summer, RealNetworks SuperPass members who are registered as premium users will have access to exclusive live streaming video 24/7.
This summer marks the first time that a reality show will provide a live feed of their program for mobile users. The mobile app will be available for download on Android-powered mobile devices following the show's premiere via the Android Market™. The tablet app will be available for download later in the month.
All users of the BIG BROTHER app will have free access to the following features:
- BIG BROTHER cast bios and photos, the latest videos and behind-the-scenes clips.
- Management of CBS.com BIG BROTHER Fantasy Teams directly through the app.**
- A Fan Central destination where fans can chat with each other, follow the latest Tweets from BIG BROTHER fans, participate in weekly polls and monitor all of the latest BIG BROTHER news.
A menu of CBS's multi-platform initiatives for BIG BROTHER includes the following elements:
BIG BROTHER on THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK:
- BIG BROTHER returns on Thursday, July 7 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Following the premiere, BIG BROTHER will be broadcast three nights weekly, Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT, beginning Sunday, July 10), Wednesdays, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT, beginning Wednesday, July 13) and the LIVE eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, Thursdays (9:00-10:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT, beginning Thursday, July 14).
BIG BROTHER ONLINE (CBS.COM):
- The Ultimate Fan (Sweepstakes)*** — The Ultimate Fan game returns for another season of rewarding fans for being active on the site with a chance to win a trip to the BIG BROTHER finale. Fans can earn points and badges by participating in various activities around the site, such as watching and commenting on videos, voting on the best moments and photos of the season, and much more. Two weeks prior to the finale, the top 25% of high scorers are entered to win a trip to the BIG BROTHER finale in Los Angeles.
- BIG BROTHER Full Episodes and Video Clips — Full-length episodes, highlight clips and other content from BIG BROTHER will be available across the CBS Audience Network. Communities of fans can watch online and incorporate clips into their blogs, wikis and widgets and discuss BIG BROTHER on message boards. The CBS Audience Network consists of dozens of distribution partners, including MSN, Yahoo, XFINITY, Joost, Bebo, Sling Media, Windows Media Center, IMDb, Sony Bravia, TVGuide and Veoh, as well as Web sites from CBS's 29 owned television stations, 144 radio stations and up to 183 affiliated stations.
- Moment of the Summer (NEW) — Each week, CBS.com will feature the three highlights of the week (one from each episode) that fans can vote on to determine the defining moment of the week. At the end of the season, 10 moments will be put to a final vote for "Moment of the Summer."
- Head of Household Photo Slam (NEW) — CBS.com will post the best "Head of Household" photos for a vote each week. As fans vote for their choice in a pair of photos, the winning photo stays and the losing photo is out. The last photo standing will be the winner of the "photo slam."
- Watch & Chat (NEW) — A BIG BROTHER fan favorite houseguest will watch and tweet/chat live during episodes throughout the season.
- BIG BROTHER on Twitter — Fans can follow the official Twitter accounts of BIG BROTHER to stay "in the know" with daily updates from production insiders and tweet with the official hashtag #CBSBigBrother. @CBSBigBrother (www.Twitter.com/CBSBigBrother) is the official Twitter handle for the show,
offering access to the latest news and content; @BigBrotherScoop (www.Twitter.com/BigBrotherScoop) will provide exclusive updates from production; and @BigBrotherHoH (www.Twitter.com/BigBrotherHoH) will give that week's Head Of Household the opportunity to tweet daily messages directly to viewers and fans. For the latest BIG BROTHER announcements and breaking news, follow @CBSTweet (www.Twitter.com/CBSTweet).
- BIG BROTHER Fantasy League — This season welcomes the return of "BIG BROTHER Fantasy League" (http://www.cbs.com/bbfantasy), an online contest that lets fans compete for the chance to win the grand prize of $1,000. Each week, BIG BROTHER fans choose two active BIG BROTHER contestants to be on their team. Players accrue points based on their ability to predict their team members' actions and outcome of events, and ultimately which BIG BROTHER contestant will make it to the end.
REALNETWORKS'S LIVE 24/7 FEED:
- Live Feed Highlights — CBS and RealNetworks, Inc. will join forces for the 11th straight cycle to provide exclusive, "All Access" live streaming video from inside the BIG BROTHER house. The webcast coverage debuts immediately following the Thursday, July 7 premiere and will be accessible through the official BIG BROTHER Web site at CBS.com and through RealNetwork's SuperPass subscription service at www.real.com/bigbrother. Subscribers to the "All Access" video stream can watch any one of four live camera feeds from inside the BIG BROTHER house or catch all of the action at once with the enhanced quad-cam view, which allows fans to see four different video feeds simultaneously. Subscribers will also have access to an exclusive subscribers-only webchat that allows fans from across the country to converse about what they see live on the feeds. Subscribers will have full access to the feed archives so they can go back and watch any moment they may have missed. (As in past years, CBS may block or delay the webcast for a limited time or during other events that transpire in the house to preserve the drama for BIG BROTHER television viewers.)
"BIG BROTHER" on SHOWTIME®:
- CBS and SHOWTIME® will partner again to present "BIG BROTHER: After Dark," a live look inside the BIG BROTHER house during the late-night hours. "BIG BROTHER: After Dark" will feature a feed from the BIG BROTHER house for three hours (12:00-3:00 AM, live ET/delayed PT), Fridays – Wednesdays on the multiplex channel, SHO2TM, beginning Friday, July 8. "BIG BROTHER: After Dark" will air from 1:00-4:00 AM, live ET/delayed PT on Thursdays, beginning July 7.
BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with more than 52 cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week, the House Guests will vote someone out of the house. At the end, the last remaining House Guest will receive the grand prize of $500,000.
BIG BROTHER is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol U.S.A.
*Data and additional charges may apply.
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Contest open to CBS.com registered users who are legal residents of the U.S., at least 18 and age of majority (in state of residence) or older at time of entry. Contest ends on 7/14/11. Void outside of the U.S. and where prohibited by law. See Official Rules at CBS.com.
***NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Sweepstakes open to CBS.com registered users who are legal residents of the U.S., at least 18 and age of majority (in state of residence) or older at time of entry. Sweepstakes ends on 8/31/11. Void outside of the U.S. and where prohibited by law. See Official Rules at CBS.com.
Android and Android Market are trademarks of Google, Inc.