via press release:
Univision was the #1 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-34 for the third consecutive week, out-delivering FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS
Copa America 2011 successfully positions Univision as the #1 broadcast network on Monday and Friday night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights - Week of July 4, 2011 to July 10, 2011
- Univision ranked as the #1 broadcast network for the entire week among Adults 18-34, out-delivering FOX (+1%), ABC (+21%), NBC (+12%), and CBS (+60%).
- Univision ranked #1 on Friday night among Adults 18-49 and for the 14th consecutive Friday among Adults 18-34 airing the #1 program for the night “Copa America 2011” match featuring Peru vs. Mexico.
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- During the summer months Univision is the only broadcast network to post year-to year audience increases among Adults 18-49 (+6%). The network is also up +5% among Total Viewers 2+ and ranks as the #2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34.
- Thus far in 2011, Univision continues to be the #3 broadcast network averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than CBS (+8%) and NBC (+11%)
- Season-to-Date, Univision continues to post year-to-year primetime audience increases among Adults 18-49 (+8%) while the English-language broadcast networks are reporting audience declines (ABC -8%, CBS -9%, NBC -11%, and FOX -5%); Univision’s audience also increased among Total Viewers 2+ (+7%) and Adults 18-34 (+6%).
- From 9PM to 10PM, Univision’s novela “Triunfo del Amor” garnered the #2 spot for the network this past week among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision aired 6 of the top 20 programs among A18-34 this past week.
- In the second week of Copa America 2011 coverage, Univision aired an exciting soccer matchup with its Fourth of July Chile vs Mexico match, Friday night’s Uruguay vs Chile, and Saturday afternoon’s Brazil vs Paraguay match. Thus far in the tournament, Copa America is averaging 1.6 Million Total Viewers 2+, 979,000 Adults 18-49, and 503,000 Adults 18-34.
- Univision was also the #4 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-49, out-delivering CBS for the seventh consecutive week.
- Led by “Teresa”, Univision ranked as the #2 broadcast network for the week from 8PM to 9PM among Adults 18-34.
ü On Monday night 7.2 Million Total Viewers 2+ tuned into all or part of Univision’s Copa America match between Chile and Mexico. The 2-1 Chilean victory averaged 4 Million Total Viewers 2+, 2.5 Million Adults 18-49 and 1.3 Million Adults 18-34.
ü 6.5 Million Total Viewers 2+ (6,482,000) tuned in to all or part Univision’s telecast of Friday night’s Copa America match featuring the Mexican National team taking on the Peruvian National team. The Mexico vs Peru matchup ranked as the #1 telecast on television Friday night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. The sports telecast bolstered Univision to rank as the #1 network among Adults 18-49 (1.9 Million Viewers) and Adults 18-34 (1 Million Viewers).
- Ranking as the #2 program for Saturday night among Adults 18-34 (552,000), Univision’s “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) solidified Univision’s position as the #1 broadcast network for the night among Adults 18-34 and #3 among Adults 18-49 (1 Million) beating ABC and NBC.
- On Sunday night, Univision’s talent competition “Pequeños Gigantes” (Little Giants) was among the top 10 programs for the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 making Univision the #4 broadcast network for the night among Adults 18-49 (1.7 Million) and Adults 18-34 (872,000).