USA Originals Dominate Week Leading Network to Weekly Win
via press release:
USA ORIGINALS DOMINATE WEEK LEADING NETWORK TO WEEKLY WIN
NEW YORK – July 12, 2011 – USA continued to shine as the most watched cable network in prime this week, delivering more P25-54 (1.22 million, +16% over #2 TNT), P18-49 (1.11 million, +25% over #2 TNT), total viewers (2.89 million, +9% over #2 Disney Channel), and households (2.18 million, +15% over #2 Disney Channel) as well as bringing in the week’s top household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.17, +0.28 over #2 Disney Channel). USA was the only cable network to deliver over 1 million in P18-49 or 2 million households in this week’s prime and was one of only two to break 1 million in P25-54 or 2.5 million total viewers. USA also won the total day crown with 556,000 in P25-54, 4% over #2 TNT.
USA continued to show what a cable network is capable of this week as it brought seven original series to the screen, including two freshman shows, and saw double-digit gains week to week for most of them, planting undisputable flags for the network on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. USA was home to 7 of the week’s top 10 entertainment telecasts in basic cable prime among P25-54 and half of the week’s top ten for P18-49.
- After moving to a new night and time last week, ROYAL PAINS jumped to over 2 million viewers in both P25-54 (2.22 million) and P18-49 (2.04 million) as well as seeing nice gains among P18-34 (848,000) and total viewers (5.02 million), hitting levels above any episode this winter. NECESSARY ROUGHNESS had great retention from last week’s limited commercial series premiere, dropping only single digits in P25-54 (1.87 million), P18-49 (1.71 million), and total viewers (4.42 million) while actually growing in P18-34 (635,000). ROYAL PAINS and NECESSARY ROUGHNESS were the top two telecasts on cable Wednesday night among P25-54, P18-49, total viewers, and households (RP 3.74M million/ NR 3.34 million).
- ROYAL PAINS was the top new scripted telecast of the week in all of television for P18-34 and P18-49. ROYAL PAINS was the 4th most popular telecast in all of Wednesday’s prime, broadcast or cable, in delivering P18-49 and was second only to a CSI repeat among the night’s P25-54 scripted telecasts. In the 9pm hour Wednesday, ROYAL PAINS delivered more P18-49, P25-54, or P18-34 than ABC or CBS as well as beating ABC in total viewers and households
- NECESSARY ROUGHNESS in Wednesday’s 10pm hour delivered more P18-34 and M18-34 than CBS head to head and more M18-34 and total males than ABC.
- COVERT AFFAIRS and WHITE COLLAR stole the night, delivering more total viewers and households than anything else on cable Tuesday as well as coming in as the night’s top two scripted series in prime among P25-54 and P18-49. Among P18-34 COVERT AFFAIRS was the top scripted telecast in Tuesday’s prime for all of television, broadcast or cable. Both series delivered more P18-49 and P25-54 than ABC’s Combat Hospital and more households than anything on FOX for the night.
- This week’s episode of WHITE COLLAR was the show’s most watched among P25-54 (1.91 million) and total viewers (4.19 million) since the Season 1 finale 9/7/10. WHITE COLLAR hit season to date highs among P18-49 (1.69 million), as well.
- COVERT AFFAIRS had its strongest episode of the season across the board, breaking 2 million P25-54 (2.02 million) for the first time this year and delivering 1.82 million in P18-49, 836,000 in 18-34, and 4.81 million total viewers. COVERT AFFAIRS was second only to ROYAL PAINS in delivering P18-34 to new episodes of scripted shows in all of television, broadcast or cable, this week.
- USA’s originals soundly beat TNT’s Memphis Beat and Hawthorne head to head as WHITE COLLAR delivered +87% more P25-54, +105% more P18-49, +321% more P18-34, +26% more total viewers and +22% more households than Memphis Beat and COVERT AFFAIRS beat Hawthorne by +71% in P25-54, +82% in P18-49, +205% in P18-34, +90% in total viewers P2+, and +80% in households.
- BURN NOTICE and SUITS were the top telecasts in Thursday’s basic cable prime among total viewers (BN 4.88 million / Suits 4.53 million) and households (BN 3.49 million / Suits 3.24 million) and the top scripted telecasts among P25-54 (1.95 million/1.92 million), P18-49 (1.85 million / 1.75 million), and P18-34 (754,000 / 701,000). BURN NOTICE was the week’s top new scripted telecast in all of television for total males and the top new drama for M18-34
- In BURN NOTICE’s 9pm hour Thursday, ABC (Expedition Impossible) and CBS (Big Brother season premiere) were the only networks to deliver more total viewers or households than USA. BURN NOTICE was the most watched scripted telecast in the hour, beating FOX, among P18-49, P25-54, and P18-34. SUITS made USA the #1 network in all of television, broadcast or cable, in delivering M18-49 or M25-54 in Thursday’s 10pm hour, coming in second only to ABC in P18-49 and P18-34 and behind just ABC and CBS for P25-54, total viewers, and households.
- IN PLAIN SIGHT hit Season to date highs in P25-54 (1.56 million) and its best P18-49 number since the season premiere (1.34 million). These audiences were bigger than all but one of last year’s Season 3, as well.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBCUniversal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.