NFL Network Heads to Canton, OH for Live Coverage of 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony
via press release:
NFL NETWORK HEADS TO CANTON, OH FOR LIVE COVERAGE OF 2011 PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME ENSHRINEMENT CEREMONY
“Inside Training Camp” — Continuous LIVE Coverage From All 32 Teams With Breaking News & Reports Leads Up to Hall of Fame Programming
Four Specials Profiling 2011 Enshrinees Ed Sabol, Shannon Sharpe, Marshall Faulk and Deion Sanders Debut on NFL Network Beginning Monday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET
12 Hours of Original Hall of Fame-Related Programming Begins Monday, August 1 & Concludes with Seven Hours of Live Coverage on Enshrinement Saturday
Hall of Fame Programming & Content Take Over NFL.com with Personal Home Pages for All Seven Inductees
NFL Network returns to Canton, OH for one of the greatest traditions in sports when Pro Football’s greatest players welcome in a new class with the 47th Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony. NFL Network delivers seven hours of live, high-definition coverage on Enshrinement Saturday, August 6 beginning at 4:00 PM ET. NFL Network’s broadcast team includes Rich Eisen, Steve Mariucci, Kara Henderson and 2007 Hall of Fame enshrinee Michael Irvin.
NFL Network is live this week with more than 90 hours of breaking free agency news and interviews with players and team executives. NFL Network will continue with “Inside Training Camp” specials this weekend and all next week, which feature comprehensive live coverage from the 32 team training camps.
Hall of Fame weekend’s festivities are a family affair for NFL Media as the accomplishments of NFL Network’s own Marshall Faulk and Deion Sanders, as well as NFL Films founder Ed Sabol are immortalized in Pro Football history. In addition, NFL Network analyst Sterling Sharpe will also be in attendance during Hall of Fame weekend, presenting his brother Shannon for enshrinement into the Hall’s Class of 2011.
NFL Network’s Hall of Fame-related programming begins Monday, August 1 with the debut of four shows profiling Faulk, Sanders, Sabol and Sharpe.
- Monday at 8:00 PM ET, Ed Sabol: King of Football Movies offers an entertaining look into the history of NFL Films and its founder Ed Sabol. Making his way from an overcoat salesman to filmmaker, King of Football Movies includes never-before-seen home movies and stories behind the birth of the follies film, Ed’s relationship with Vince Lombardi and George Allen and his most important Films hires – John Facenda, Sam Spence and son, Steve Sabol.
- On Tuesday at 8:00 PM ET, Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton, gets up close and personal with the life and career of 2011 enshrinee Shannon Sharpe. The emotional one-hour program examines the life and career of Shannon, who with his former All-Pro brother Sterling, return to their small hometown of Glennville, GA where they remember the loving family and the crushing poverty that drove them to success. Includes interviews with Shannon, Sterling, former NFL head coach Dan Reeves and Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway.
- Wednesday at 8:00 PM ET, Marshall Faulk: Rush to Canton traces Faulk’s life and career from his childhood in New Orleans through his retirement from the NFL in 2007. Highlights of the show include a look at Faulk’s phenomenal college football career, followed up by a breakout NFL rookie season in 1994 that earned him NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. Additionally, interviews with Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, former Colts head coach Jim Mora, former Rams head coaches and players Dick Vermeil, Mike Martz, Kurt Warner, Torry Holt and Marshall himself give viewers an inside look into the talent and intelligence that rose Faulk to one of the greatest running backs in Pro Football history and his influence on the careers of other NFL greats. The program also includes an intimate film-study session between Marshall and Martz, where the two explain and illustrate the running back’s role in the explosive St. Louis Rams offenses that were dubbed “The Greatest Show on Turf.”
- Immediately following at 9:00 PM ET Wednesday, Deion Sanders: Canton goes Primetime tackles the elusive and often misunderstood Sanders and examines his golden touch that revived the Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys upon his arrival, how he revolutionized the cornerback position with his raw talent and athleticism and the ‘Primetime’ image that excited fans on and off the field. Canton goes Primetime features interviews with notable names for football and entertainment including Jerry Rice, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jerry Glanville, Andre Rison, MC Hammer, Bobby Bowden and Ice Cube.
To view a sneak peek of footage from these original programs, please visit the following links:
“I became the player, I became the person, I became the man that I am today because of that 1,000 square foot cinder block home.There’s no question in my mind I wouldn’t be where I am, sitting in this seat had it not been for her.” – Shannon Sharpe on his grandmother, Mary Porter
- Shannon, along with his older brother Sterling take an emotional look back on the moment Shannon got the news on his Hall of Fame induction and reflect on their grandmother Mary Porter, who raised them: http://ftp2.nflfilmstv.com/filmsint/ftp-inet/flashplayer.html?s_video=Preview/seg_6_rc_7_27_600ws.flv
“I’ll be indebted to him forever.” – Peyton Manning on Marshall Faulk
- A look how the preparation of Marshall Faulk helped mold Peyton Manning into the player he is today: http://ftp2.nflfilmstv.com/filmsint/ftp-inet/flashplayer.html?s_video=Preview/faulk_show_segment_3_preview_600ws.flv
“There’s only been one shutdown corner that I’ve ever seen and that was Deion Sanders.” – Troy Aikman
- Players, media, entertainers and athletes reflect on the talent, personality and dominance of Deion Sanders: www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d821003e4/Sneak-peak-Canton-goes-Primetime
NFL Network’s Total Access from the Pro Football Hall of Fame Presented by Jeep begins Friday, August 5 at 7:00 PM ET with NFL Total Access at the Hall of Fame. Saturday’s coverage begins at August 6 at 4:00 PM ET with NFL Total Access at the Hall of Fame Pre-Ceremony, leading into the 2011 Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony at 7:00 PM ET.
Special features within the pre-ceremony include:
- Scheduled on-set appearances by former Rams head coach Dick Vermeil.
- 1-on-1 interviews with Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson and former Rams WR and teammate of Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt.
- Steve Mariucci gives his All-Hall of Fame offensive and defensive teams
- In memoriam: A video reflection on the NFL greats who we have lost in the past year
- The best trash talkers of all-time: Where does 2011 inductee Shannon Sharpe rank among the most vocal players on the field? We look back with an entertaining montage of wired sound from the league’s most vocally expressive personalities over the years.
- Highlights from Ed Sabol: King of Football Movies, Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton, Marshall Faulk: Rush to Canton and Deion Sanders: Canton Goes Primetime
NFL.com will also be live on the ground in Canton, OH and offers a variety of new elements honoring the Hall’s Class of 2011 during the week’s festivities including personalized home pages for each of the seven enshrinees at with videos, photos and written content specific to each honoree. Other features on NFL.com include:
- Online chat with Marshall Faulk: The newest running back joining Canton’s cast of greats chats live on NFL.com with fans Monday, August 1 at 1:00 PM ET.
- Podcasts hit the road: ‘The Rich Eisen Podcast’ and ‘The Dave Dameshek Football Program’ go on location in Canton, OH during Hall of Fame weekend. Rich Eisen looks to feature interviews with some of Pro Football’s greatest, while Dameshek, alongside NFL.com’s Adam Rank conquer Canton, OH from a fan’s perspective that includes their own ‘road to Canton,’ experiencing the week’s festivities and interviews with former players and fans.
- Daily instant debates: NFL.com’s analysts debate where members of this year’s class belong among the ranks of the all-time greats.
- Hall of Fame-themed ‘Pick Six’ from Adam Rank all week
- Video clips from the original Network programming
- Blogs, photo galleries and original video features from Canton Thursday through Sunday
A one-hour NFL Total Access at the Hall of Fame Post-Enshrinement Show reviews highlights of the ceremony, along with scheduled live appearances by newly enshrined Hall of Famers Faulk and Sanders.
NFL Media 2011 Hall of Fame Week Programming Schedule:
(schedule is subject to change)
Monday, August 1
7:00 PM – NFL Total Access (HD)
8:00 PM – Ed Sabol: King of Football Movies (HD) – DEBUT
9:00 PM – America’s Game: 1985 Chicago Bears (HD)
10:00 PM – Top 10 Football Divas: — DEBUT
Tuesday, August 2
7:00 PM – NFL Total Access (HD)
8:00 PM – Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton (HD) – DEBUT
9:00 PM – America’s Game: 1998 Denver Broncos (HD)
10:00 PM – NFL’s Top 10: Players Not in the Hall of Fame
Wednesday, August 3
7:00 PM – NFL Total Access (HD)
8:00 PM – Marshall Faulk: Rush to Canton (HD) – DEBUT
9:00 PM – Deion Sanders: Canton Goes Primetime (HD) – DEBUT
10:00 PM – America’s Game: 1995 Dallas Cowboys (HD)
Thursday, August 4
6:30 PM – NFL Total Access (HD)
10:30 PM – The Rich Eisen Podcast: Hall of Fame special
Friday, August 5
7:00 PM – NFL Total Access at the Hall of Fame Presented by Jeep (HD) – LIVE from Canton, OH
Saturday, August 6
10:00 AM – NFL’s Top 10: Players Not in the Hall of Fame
11:00 AM – America’s Game: 1998 Denver Broncos (HD)
12 NOON – Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton (HD)
1:00 PM – Marshall Faulk: Rush to Canton (HD)
2:00 PM – Ed Sabol: King of Football Movies (HD)
3:00 PM – Deion Sanders: Canton Goes Primetime (HD)
4:00 PM – NFL Total Access at the Hall of Fame Pre-Ceremony Presented by Jeep (HD) – LIVE from Canton, OH
- Rich Eisen hosts, alongside Michael Irvin, Steve Mariucci and Kara Henderson live from Canton, OH.
7:00 PM – 2011 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Presented by Jeep (HD) – LIVE from Canton, OH
10:00 PM – NFL Total Access at the Hall of Fame Post-Induction Show Presented by Jeep (HD)
Sunday, August 7
7:00 AM – NFL’s Top 10: Players Not in the Hall of Fame
8:00 AM – NFL’s Top 10: Things That Changed the Game
9:00 AM – NFL’s Top 10: Return Aces
10:00 AM – NFL’s Top 10: Football Divas (HD)
11:00 AM – 2011 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (HD) – ENCORE
NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the only television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log on to www.nfl.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.