via press release:
USA’S SUMMER OF ORIGINALS CONTINUE TO RULE THE AIRWAVES
USA Claims Double-Digit Victories Over Competition in Demos
NEW YORK – August 9, 2011 – USA continued to shine as the most watched cable network in prime this week, delivering more P25-54 (1.39 million, +29% over #2 TNT), P18-49 (1.27 million, +38% over #2 TNT), total viewers (3.54 million, +18% over #2 Disney Channel), and households (2.73 million, +31% over #2 Disney Channel) as well as bringing in the week’s top household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.72, +0.83 over #2 TNT). USA was the only network to deliver over 1 million in P18-49, 3.5 million total viewers, or 2.5 million households and was one of only two deliver over 1 million in P25-54 or half a million P18-34 (541,000).
USA also won the total day crown this week as one of only two networks to deliver over half a million P25-54 (556,000, +4% over #2 TNT) or half a million P18-49 this week (517,000, +2% over #2 NICK).
- ROYAL PAINS was the week’s most watched scripted telecast in basic cable prime among F18-49. More total viewers and households (4.15 million) were tuned to ROYAL PAINS than anything else in basic cable prime Wednesday and more P25-54, P18-49, and P18-34 tuned to it than any other scripted fare on cable. ROYAL PAINS was also Wednesday’s top scripted telecast in all of television, broadcast or cable, for P18-49 viewers and the top drama for P18-34. ROYAL PAINS allowed USA to be second only to NBC in delivering M18-49, M25-54, or total males in the 9pm hour Wednesday while outperforming every other cable network as well as ABC and CBS in P18-49, P25-54, and P18-34 and all of cable plus ABC and FOX in total viewers P2+ and households.
- ROYAL PAINS hit its biggest numbers in nearly a year this week across the board for persons, males, and females 25-54/18-49/18-34/total viewers with double digit gains week over week in P25-54 (2.43 million, +21%), P18-49 (2.18 million, +21%), P18-34 (873,000, +26%), and total viewers (5.46 million, +13%). Aside from season premieres and finales, more total females tuned in this week than had watched since Season 1.
- NECESSARY ROUGHNESS hit a series high P18-34 delivery of 652,000 and its best P25-54 (1.91 million), P18-49 (1.76 million), and total viewers (4.46 million) numbers since the series premiere. NECESSARY ROUGHNESS was second only to ROYAL PAINS among Wednesday night’s scripted shows for P25-54, P18-49, total viewers, and households and was the 2nd most watched drama of the night for P18-34. In the 10pm hour Wednesday, NECESSARY ROUGHNESS led USA to outperform both ABC and CBS in delivering P18-49 and P18-34.
- BURN NOTICE and SUITS were the top two scripted telecasts in basic cable prime Thursday among P25-54 (BN 2.24 million / Suits 1.85 million), P18-49 (1.90 million / 1.72 million), P18-34 (775,000 / 764,000), total viewers P2+ (5.21 million / 4.03 million), and households (3.85 million / 3.07 million). No other network aired a scripted telecast to over 1 million in P25-54, 1 million in P18-49, 4 million total viewers, or 3 million households.
- COVERT AFFAIRS and WHITE COLLAR were the most attractive couple on cable Tuesday as the top two telecasts for the night in P25-54 (CA 2.00 million / WC 1.70 million), total viewers (4.61 million / 3.71 million), and households (3.46 million / 2.82 million), the most watched scripted fare for P18-49 (1.75 million / 1.69 million) and the top drama for P18-34 (773,000 / 782,000). In fact, these were the top dramas in all of television, broadcast or cable for P18-34.
- WHITE COLLARdelivered a season to date high P18-49 audience of 1.69 million while the P25-54 audience stepped over 1.7 million viewers for only the second time since the season premiere (1.70 million).
- IN PLAIN SIGHT closed its season with over 4 million total viewers, a season high and up +6% from last year’s finale (4.09 million). This year’s finale was up across the board from last year’s, growing +3% in P25-54 to 1.42 million, +1% in P18-49 to 1.15 million, and +27% in P18-34 to 418,000. Head to head, IN PLAIN SIGHT was second only to CBS in all of television for delivering total females F2+ (2.65 million) in Sunday’s 10pm timeslot.
- Only the July 5 episode of COVERT AFFAIRS delivered more P25-54 (2 million), P18-49 (1.75 million), P18-34 (773,000), or total viewers (4.61 million) than this week’s episode while F25-54 viewing was at a season high 1.14 million
- In its 9pm timeslot, WHITE COLLAR was the top scripted fare in all of television for P18-34 while making USA the top network on cable among P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, total viewers, and households while outperforming CBS in P18-34. COVERT AFFAIRS outperformed ABC and CBS in delivering P18-49, P25-54, and P18-34 in the 10pm hour, as well as beating ABC and every cable network in total viewers P2+ and households. USA was second only to NBC in the hour for P25-54, M18-49, M25-54, and total males.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.