via press release:
Disney Channel’s Preschool Block, Disney Junior, Exceeds Nickelodeon’s
Preschool Block for the 3rd Consecutive Week in Kids 2-5 and Women 18-49
~Delivers TV’s Top 6 Preschool Telecasts in Kids 2-5 and the Top 9 in Boys 2-5
~Registers Hefty Double-Digit Percent Increases Year Over Year
“Jake and the Never Land Pirates” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”
Are TV’s Top 2 Preschool Series Among Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5
“Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and
“Special Agent Oso” Account for TV’s Top 6 Preschool Telecasts in Kids 2-5
Disney Junior once again surged over year-ago averages by double-digit percent margins in target demos and exceeded Nickelodeon’s preschool block for the third consecutive week in Kids 2-5. “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” were the week’s Top 2 preschool series in Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5. Along with “Special Agent Oso,” Disney Junior delivered the week’s Top 6 preschool telecast in Kids 2-5 and the Top 9 preschool TV telecast in Boys 2-5.
- For the week, Disney Junior topped Nickelodeon’s preschool block by 21% in Kids 2-5 (544,000 vs. 450,000) and by 10% Women 18-49 (302,000 vs. 274,000).
- Year to year, Disney Junior posted hefty double-digit gains in the daypart, up by 20% in Kids 2-5 (482,000 vs. 401,000), by 30% in Boys 2-5 (274,000 vs. 211,000) and by 20% in Women 18-49 (305,000 vs. 255,000).
- “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” was TV’s No. 1 series for the week among Boys 2-5 (373,000/4.3 ) and the No. 1 preschool series across all TV in Kids 2-5 (648,000/3.8 rating).
- Since its February 14 launch, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” stands as cable’s No. 1 series in Boys 2-5.
- To date, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” is pacing as Disney Channel’s No. 1 series of all time among Total Viewers (2.4 million), Kids 2-5 (1.1 million/6.3 rating), Boys 2-5 (661,000/7.7 rating) and Women 18-49 (449,000/0.7 rating) through its first 19 original episodes.
- “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” ranked as the week’s No. 2 preschool TV series in Kids 2-5 (563,000/3.3 rating) and Boys 2-5 (322,000/3.7 rating).
- Friday’s all new “Special Agent Oso” was the series’ most-watched telecast in 7 months in Kids 2-5 (671,000/4.0 rating), since 1/24/11.
About Disney Junior:
The new Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel reflects the emotional connection generations of consumers have to Disney storytelling and Disney characters, both classic and contemporary. It invites mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7. Disney Junior’s animated and live action series blend Disney’s unparalleled storytelling and characters kids love deeply with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles, and social skills. Disney Junior is available on basic cable in more than 99 million U.S. homes (via a daily block on Disney Channel) and to millions of other viewers on 25 Disney Junior channels (fka Playhouse Disney channels) and free-to-air broadcast partners around the world. It is also seen via subscription video-on-demand and a broadband website, DisneyJunior.com. In 2012 Disney Junior will add a basic cable and satellite channel in the U.S.
Source: NMR, U.S. ratings, 8/8-8/14/11. “Jake” to date: 2/14-8/14/11. Disney Junior Hours: M-F, 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.; SS, 6: a.m. – 9:00 a.m.