via press release:
CBS SPORTS NETWORK UNVEILS NEW SHOWS FOR 2011 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
“SEC Today,” “SEC Express,” “Tackling The Trends” and “Tim Brando Show” to Debut This Fall
Network Expands Live Thursday Night Studio Programming
CBS Sports Network has increased its college football programming for the 2011 season with four new shows including the SEC TODAY PRESENTED BY SONIC, SEC EXPRESS, TACKLING THE TRENDS and the previously announced TIM BRANDO SHOW. The Network also returns popular studio shows including INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL, THE TONY BARNHART SHOW, SEC TONIGHT and COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONFIDENTIAL.
CBS Sports Network will provide comprehensive SEC football coverage complementing CBS Sports’ SEC Game of the Week with new programming that includes SEC TODAY PRESENTED BY SONIC and SEC EXPRESS. Hosted by Brent Stover, SEC TODAY (Saturdays, 2:00-3:00 PM) will preview the game of the week with in-depth analysis and live on-site reports while providing an all-encompassing look at the day in SEC football. With SEC EXPRESS (Sundays 10:00-11:00 AM), fans will be able to re-live all of the action from CBS Sports’ SEC Game of the Week during a one-hour telecast featuring the top plays and key moments from Saturday’s game. Also, SEC TONIGHT PRESENTED BY GEICO returns Saturdays at 7:00 PM, recapping all the day’s news, highlights and storylines.
Hosted by CBS Sports’ Tracy Wolfson, TACKLING THE TRENDS (Wednesdays, 9:00-9:30 PM) is a new, weekly 30-minute show in collaboration with CBSSports.com that examines the trending topics across college football through a variety of interactive platforms. Premiering on Wednesday, Sept. 7 following the first week of action, Wolfson, along with analysts and reporters from CBS Sports, CBS Sports Network and CBSSports.com, will discuss, debate and analyze college football’s hot button topics, which fans will help influence through social media outlets.
CBS Sports Network will launch the TIM BRANDO SHOW on Monday, Aug. 29, airing live weekdays from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM, ET. The show, which also is nationally-syndicated on radio, covers the world of sports with a focus on college athletics and features an array of compelling guests, topics and commentary.
THE TONY BARNHART SHOW, now in its third year, moves to Wednesday nights (8:00-9:00 PM), while INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL expands to a two-hour live show on Tuesdays (8:00-10:00 PM) and adds a new night on Thursdays (7:00-8:00 PM and 11:30 PM-12:30 AM), bracketing the Network’s weekly live college football game.
In addition, the Network returns COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONFIDENTIAL, an all-access series bringing fans behind-the-scenes with teams as they practice and prepare for Saturday. CBS Sports Network will embed with different teams throughout the season, including Tulsa and Baylor.
Below is a description of all the Network’s shows including announcers, air dates and times. All times Eastern.
• TIM BRANDO SHOW – (Weekdays, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM) – Hosted by CBS Sports’ Tim Brando, the show covers the world of sports with a focus on college athletics and features an array of compelling guests, topics and commentary. Debuts on Monday, Aug. 29.
• COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONFIDENTIAL (Mondays, 8:00-8:30 PM) – All-access series that brings fans behind-the-scenes with teams as they practice and prepare for Saturday. Premieres on Monday, Aug. 29.
• INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL (Tuesdays, 8:00-10:00 PM and Thursdays, 7:00-8:00 PM and 11:30 PM-12:30 AM) – Offers a preview of the upcoming weekend college football action with opinion, insight and analysis of the most significant storylines and match-ups across the country. Hosted by Adam Zucker, along with analysts Aaron Taylor, Rich Rodriguez, Randy Cross and Brian Jones. Premieres on Tuesday, Aug. 30.
• THE TONY BARNHART SHOW (Wednesdays, 8:00-9:00 PM) – “Mr. College Football” Tony Barnhart begins his third season as host of the weekly, one-hour primetime college football talk show. The hard-hitting program debates and analyzes the hot topics and issues facing college football on- and off-the-field. Premieres on Wednesday, Aug. 31.
• TACKLING THE TRENDS – (Wednesdays, 9:00-9:30 PM) – A new, weekly 30-minute show hosted by CBS Sports’ Tracy Wolfson that examines the trending topics across college football through a variety of interactive platforms. Debuts Wednesday, Sept. 7.
• LEMMING REPORT (Fridays, 7:00-7:30 PM) – Hosted by Tom Lemming, the country’s leading college football recruiting expert, LEMMING REPORT examines the nation’s top prep football players with highlights, news and analysis. Premieres on Friday, Sept. 2.
• SEC TODAY PRESENTED BY SONIC (Saturdays, 2:00-3:00 PM) – Preview CBS Sports’ SEC Game of the Week with in-depth analysis and live on-site reports, while providing an all-encompassing look at the day in SEC football. Debuts Saturday, Sept. 17.
• SEC TONIGHT PRESENTED BY GEICO (Saturdays, 7:00-8:00 PM) – Following the conclusion of CBS Sports’ SEC Game of the Week, the studio team recaps the day’s SEC action. Airs weekly beginning Saturday, Sept. 17.
• INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL EXTRA (Saturdays, following primetime game) – Join Host Adam Zucker and analyst Brian Jones to review all the day’s college football action with comprehensive news and highlights.
• SEC EXPRESS (Sundays, 10:00-11:00 AM) – A one-hour telecast featuring the top plays and key moments from Saturday’s SEC game on CBS Sports. Debuts Sunday, Sept. 18.