via press release:
truTV Getting Younger as Network Scores Best Summer Ever with Adults and Men 18-34
, , and Drive truTV’s Success,
Which Continued Last Night with the Return of and Premiere of Bear Swamp Recovery
Boasting a lineup that includes ongoing successes likeand , plus new hits like and , truTV is on track to score its best summer ever with young adults and young men. The network has also shaved two years off its primetime median age (44) compared to last summer. truTV continued its outstanding summer last night with the return of truTV’s first-season hit , which drew 2.2 million viewers to score its biggest audience yet, and the launch of the new series Bear Swamp Recovery, which debuted with 1.6 million viewers.
“truTV has hit on a highly successful formula of original programming that keeps drawing more and more of our targeted male and young adult viewers,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV. “With a fall and winter lineup that includes new series like Hulk Hogan’s Micro Championship Wrestling and Impractical Jokers, as well as the arrival of, our biggest series acquisition, we look forward to keeping our momentum going strong throughout the rest of the year and beyond.”
truTV’s fall and winter lineup includes the debut of two new series: Hulk Hogan’s Micro Championship Wrestling, which will take viewers behind the scenes of a new professional wrestling league, and Impractical Jokers, a hidden-camera prank series set to arrive in December. On Sept. 2, truTV adds its biggest series acquisition, the popular competition show. Seven of truTV’s original series are also set to return, including the hits , and .
truTV Summer 2011 ratings highlights:
- Proving the power of its original series with the younger set, truTV is on pace to score its most-watched summer ever in primetime delivery of adults 18-34 (237,000) and men 18-34 (124,000). truTV garnered especially strong growth among adults 18-34, which were up 7% over last summer.
- truTV continues to get younger, with a primetime median age (44) that’s two years younger than last summer.
- continues to reign as truTV’s biggest hit, averaging 2.2 million viewers this summer. The show consistently ranks among cable’s Top 5 programs for its Tuesday 9 p.m. timeslot among viewers, as well as among adults 18-34 (559,000); adults 18-49 (1.1 million); men 18-34 (317,000); and men 18-49 (681,000). The show is delivering triple-digit timeslot growth across the board compared to the time period last year.
- The long-running hit continues to deliver the goods, with the show snagging 1.8 million viewers and ranking among basic cable’s Top 5 programs in the Wednesday 9 p.m. timeslot with adults 18-34 (433,000); adults 18-49 (899,000); and men 18-49 (507,000). Like , is clocking tremendous timeslot growth, including a 97% boost among adults 18-34.
- truTV has drawn big numbers for its new hit series , the network’s first in collaboration with Jennifer Lopez’s Nuyorican Productions and Bodega Pictures. has averaged 1.6 million viewers, with a solid 829,000 adults 18-49 and 489,000 men 18-49. The series is also delivering strong time-period growth for the network.
- truTV really packed in the viewers with its new hit , the network’s first project with T Group Productions, Inc. Since premiering June 21, the show has averaged an outstanding 1.7 million viewers in its first season, with double-digit growth for the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot.
- truTV’s weekly fix of World’s Dumbest… continued to be a smart choice in summer, as the show averaged 1.4 million viewers and ranked among cable’s Top 5 programs in the Thursday 9 p.m. hour with adults 18-49 (800,000) and men 18-49 (470,000). The show is enjoying double-digit demo increases over last summer and boasts a median age of only 39.
- truTV’s first-season hit , a spinoff of the network’s popular All Worked Up, returned last night with an outstanding 2.2 million viewers; 1.2 million adults 18-49; and 740,000 men 18-49, the show’s best deliveries to date. outperformed its Feb. 21 series premiere by a remarkable 32% among total viewers, 28% among adults 18-49 and 43% among men 18-49.
- Lizard Lick Towing was followed by the launch of truTV’s newest series, Bear Swamp Recovery, about a larger-than-life, family-owned repo business. Bear Swamp Recovery debuted with a strong 1.6 million viewers; 851,000 adults 18-49; and 520,000 men 18-49.
- On the digital front, truTV.com has grown its monthly average of unique users by a strong 35% over the same time last year, while the site’s 3.4 million individual visits have grown by a whopping 57%. The site is averaging 25 million page views per month.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 93 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series Hardcore Pawn, All Worked Up, Lizard Lick Towing, with Jesse Ventura, , Operation Repo and World’s Dumbest… The acquired series joins the lineup in September. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.