Univision Ranks As The #1 Network For The Entire Week Among Adults 18-49 And Adults 18-34
via press release:
Univision ranks as the #1 network for the entire week among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Viewers tune into El Gordo y La Flaca special anticipating the return of “Mira Quién Baila” leading the Network to a #1 ranking Thursday night
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of August 29, 2011 to September 4, 2011
- Univision was the #1 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-49, out-delivering ABC (+11%), FOX (+52%), NBC (+30%), and CBS (+23%). Univision also ranked #1 for the second consecutive week among Adults 18-34 defeating all other broadcast networks by double digit margins including ABC (+52%), FOX (+95%), NBC (+105%), and CBS (+92%).
- At 10PM on Thursday night, Univision’s one hour special “El Gordo y La Flaca: Las 10 Estrellas de Mira Quién Baila” helped the Univision rank as the #1 network for the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü The show delivered largest audience of Total Viewers 2+ (3.5 million, +65%) Adults 18-49 (2.1 million, +65%) and Adults 18-34 (1.2 million, +73%) during the 10PM hour compared to the last four Thursday nights.
ü The special featuring stars from Mira Quién Baila was also the fourth most-watched program among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 for the night.
- Univision was the #1 network on six out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-34.
- Univision out-delivered two or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among Adults 18-49.
- Univision aired 13 of the top 20 programs this past week among Adults 18-34 and 10 of the top 20 programs among Adults 18-49.
- Led by “Fuerza del Destino,” Univision ranked as the #1 broadcast network for the week from 9PM to 10PM among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- From 8PM to 9PM airing “Teresa”, Univision ranked as the #1 broadcast network for the week among Adults 18-34 and ranked #2 among Adults 18-49.
- Thus far in 2011, Univision is positioned as the #2 broadcast network averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than ABC (+1%), CBS (+17%), and NBC (+18%).
- Season-to-Date, Univision continues to post year-to-year primetime audience increases among Adults 18-49 (+6%) while the English-language broadcast networks are reporting audience declines (ABC -8%, CBS -8%, NBC -11%, and FOX -6%); Univision’s audience also increased among Total Viewers 2+ (+6%) and Adults 18-34 (+4%).
- In its fifth week on air, “La Fuerza Del Destino” continues to break weekly records, posting its highest weekly performance to-date among Total Viewers 2+ (4.8 million), Adults 18-49 (2.8 million), and Adults 18-34 (1.7 million.) The novela also ranked as the top-rated program for the fourth consecutive Friday among Adults 18-34 (1.7 million)
- On Friday night, Univision was the #1 network among Adults 18-49 and for the 4th consecutive Friday night among Adults 18-34.
ü Univision aired the top 2 programs for the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 including the #1 program for the night, PequeñosGigantes” (Little Giants), and #2 ranked “Teresa.” Both programs delivered more Adult 18-49 and Adults 18-34 viewers than “Kitchen Nightmares” on FOX and ABC’s “20/20.”
ü The two-hour special recap edition of “Pequeños Gigantes” from 9PM to 11PM averaged 4.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.4 million Adults 18-49, and 1.4 million Adults 18-34. Compared to the prior Friday, the recap attracted more viewers in the time period posting double digit gains among Viewers 2+ (+20%), Adults 18-49 (+22%), and Adults 18-34 (+23%.) The Friday telecast also ranked among the top ten programs for the entire week among Adults 18-34.
- On Sunday night, Univision ranked as the #1 network among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 airing the semifinals of its hit talent competition “Pequeños Gigantes” (Little Giants).
ü The Sunday telecast was the #1 program for the night among Adults 18-34 (2.5 Million) and ranked #2 among Adults 18-49 (1.3 Million.)
ü Led by the continued success of Pequeños Gigantes, Univision was the #1 network among Kids 2-11 and Teens 12-17 for the entire week.
- On Saturday night airing “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday,) Univision was the #3 network among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. SabadoGigante was also the #4 program for the night among Adults 18-34 and #5 among Adults 18-49.