After a false start yesterday because of technical problems which (I think) are now cleared up, the race is on again. Unfortunately, nothing entered yesterday was saved, so you'll have to start from scratch now. Good racing.
It's time to wave the green flag and begin our new Fantasy TV Ratings Race Game for the 2011-12 season.
Each week, you'll get a chance to guess the adults 18-49 ratings finish positions for the top 10 broadcast primetime shows.
- You'll receive 100 points if you pick all 10 finish positions correctly, 90 points for 9 of 10 correct, down to 20 points for 2 of 10. No points for picking just a single correct finish position.
- Any ratings ties after rounding will be decided by the more granular adults 18-49 viewership.
- Each week will be a different "race" identified by its end date. (i.e. WE 092511 = Week ending September 25).
- Each week's "race" will have its own results, but there will be cumulative results for the entire race "season". I will probably run a "Fall" race season through 12/31/2011, and then a "Spring" season after 1/1/2012, but will decide on that later. I might keep to just one for the entire broadcast season.
- You cannot edit your entry once you submit it. Choose carefully.
- The combination of name and email address you use when entering is your unique identifier, it will carry through from week to week. I believe names created during the test this summer still exist if you'd like to use them.
- You can begin playing any week, you can play multiple "names", and perhaps even talk some smack once we start getting results, but at this time there are no prizes! (although prizes may follow).
- I've left out a few shows because of their irregular timeslots like Football Night in America (NBC), The OT (Fox). Also in tabulating the weekly finish order, I will discard shows that have atypically short run times.
- Note: I have included broadcast primetime shows in the list that are premiering during the entire Fall, not every show airs next week! Choose carefully!
Make your guesses for week one (WE 092511) below!
The deadline for the predictions for the first week of the season ending Sunday, September 25 is late on the evening of Sunday September 19 (all weekly deadlines will be on Sundays).