Last night's 10pm Roast of Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central scored 6.426 million viewers. It was the biggest "roast" event ever on Comedy Central (the David Hasselhoff and Donald Trump roasts each averaged around 3.5 million viewers). It scored a 3.8 national rating with adults 18-49, doubling the 1.9 rating the Trump and Hasselhoff roasts garnered.
Update: here's the press release from Comedy Central:
CHARLIE SHEEN AND COMEDY CENTRAL ARE A WINNING COMBINATION!
“ROAST OF CHARLIE SHEEN” SETS RECORDS ACROSS MULTIPLE SCREENS
AND LEADS COMEDY CENTRAL TO ITS HIGHEST-RATED, MOST-WATCHED
ROAST IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE WITH 6.4 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS
Sheen Roast Is the Highest Rated, Most-Watched Roast EVER Among All Key Demos
Over 10 Million Total Viewers Across All Plays
#1 In All Of TV For Social Activity
Charlie Sheen and COMEDY CENTRAL shatter network records in viewership. The premiere of the “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Charlie Sheen” scored big with the viewers on-air and online. The Monday night premiere at 10:00 p.m pulled in 6.4 million total viewers, 8.7 rating M18-24, making this special the #1 highest-rated COMEDY CENTRAL Roast EVER and the most watched telecast in network history among P18- 49.
- “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Charlie Sheen” delivered 6.4 million Total Viewers and 8.7 M18-24 rating, 7.0 M18-34 rating, 6.2 P18-34 rating and 4.5 P18-49 rating.
- Historical – most-watched and highest-rated COMEDY CENTRAL Roast in franchise history.
- Over 10 Million Total Viewers across all plays.
- #1 In All Of TV for Social Activity with over 450K mentions – more than two times the nearest shows (“Dancing With The Stars” & “Two And Half Men”) *source Trendrr.tv
- 249K tweets around the Sheen Roast on Monday, September 19 – more than 118K in the hour during the 10:00 p.m. east coast airing - more than six times the Trump Roast
- #SheenRoast generated more than 178K mentions – seven times #TrumpRoast
- The largest audience to the cc.com on the day of a Roast ever.