Click this link for the latest NBC renewal / cancellation information:
- NBC Renew/Cancel Wrap: 'Community,' 'Revolution,' 'Dracula,' 'Crisis,' 'Believe,' 'Growing Up Fisher' Canceled; 'Hannibal,' 'Parenthood,' 'About A Boy,' 'Law & Order:SVU' Renewed
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts potential renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2011-12 season in May, 2012. (includes results from September 12-18, 2011):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
|Up All Night||1.39|
|Grimm (F)||not premiered|
|The Playboy Club||not premiered|
|Chuck (F)||final season|
|Prime Suspect||not premiered|
|Law & Order: SVU||not premiered|
|The Office||not premiered|
After hibernating all summer, the cancellation bear is awake and he's hungry.
The only NBC results so far are for last week's "pre-season" premieres of, and .
was the slowest to start, and it's between the other two and the . However, with only three shows results it's too early for the bear to definitely catch the scent of his first dinner.
In another week that might change. Stay tuned.
- :oops: - certain to be cancelled by May, 2012
- :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2012
- :| - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2012
- :) - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2012
- :mrgreen: - certain to be renewed by May, 2012
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 averageby the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How would the Renew / Cancel Index Have Done Predicting Last Season's Scripted Show Fates? Check out how the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from the 2010-11 broadcast television season.