via press release:
Disney Junior Registers 3Q Highs for Disney Channel
“Jake and the Never Land Pirates” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”
Rank as Cable’s Top 2 Series Among Boys 2-5
~Marks “Jake’s” Third Consecutive Quarter at No. 1 in Preschool Boys
“Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” Delivers its No. 2 Telecast Ever in Total Viewers
Disney Junior: 3Q11 Highlights:
During 3Q11, Disney Junior delivered Disney Channel’s best 3Q ratings in the preschooler daypart in Kids 2-5 (445,000/2.7 rating), Boys 2-5 (250,000/2.9 rating) and Women 18-49 (265,000/0.4 rating), increasing by impressive double-digit percent margins among preschool demographics over year-ago levels.
- Year to year, Disney Junior surged across the board: +21% in Kids 2-5 (445,000 vs. 367,000), +34% in Boys 2-5 (250,000 vs. 186,000) and +18% in Women 18-49 (265,000 vs. 225,000).
- In Boys 2-5, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” (374,000/4.4 rating) and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (342,000/4.0 rating) were cable’s Top 2 cable in 3Q11.
- This marked the 3rd straight quarter “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” ranked as cable’s No. 1 series among Boys 2-5.
- To date, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” is pacing as Disney Channel’s No. 1 preschool series of all time among Total Viewers (2.3 million), Kids 2-5 (1.03 million/6.1 rating), Boys 2-5 (643,000/7.5 rating) and Women 18-49 (427,000/0.6 rating) through its first 21 original episodes.
- On Saturday, September 17, “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (8:00 – 8:55 a.m.) delivered its No. 2 telecast ever in Total Viewers (2.96 million – behind 11/14/09, 2.99 million) and its No. 3 telecast on record in Boys 2-5.
About Disney Junior:
The new Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel reflects the emotional connection generations of consumers have to Disney storytelling and Disney characters, both classic and contemporary. It invites mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7. Disney Junior’s animated and live action series blend Disney’s unparalleled storytelling and characters kids love deeply with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles, and social skills. Disney Junior is available on basic cable in more than 99 million U.S. homes (via a daily block on Disney Channel) and to millions of other viewers on 25 Disney Junior channels (fka Playhouse Disney channels) and free-to-air broadcast partners around the world. It is also seen via subscription video-on-demand and a broadband website, DisneyJunior.com. In 2012 Disney Junior will add a basic cable and satellite channel in the U.S.
Source: NMR, U.S. ratings, Disney Junior: M-F, 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; SS, 6: a.m. – 9:00 a.m. 3Q11: 6/27/11-9/25/11; 3Q10: 6/28/10-9/26/10; DJ Launch to date: 2/14/11-9/25/11, most current.