via press release:
LED BY POWERHOUSE SCRIPTED SERIES AND NEW REALITY HIT PARANORMAL WITNESS, SYFY POSTS MOST WATCHED THIRD QUARTER PRIME EVER!
SOARS 12% AMONG TOTAL VIEWERS, 16% IN ADULTS 18-34 AND 8% AMONG ADULTS 18-49
UP 29% AMONG MEN 18-34, 23% IN MEN 18-49 AND 18% AMONG MEN 25-54
NEW YORK – September 27, 2011 – Fueled by its quartet of popular scripted series (Eureka, , and ) and new hit reality program Paranormal Witness, Syfy scored the most watched Third Quarter prime in its 19-year history, leaping 12% in total viewers (1.45 million).
Syfy jumped 16% in Adults 18-34 (234,000), 8% among Adults 18-49 (613,000) as well as 4% in Adults 25-54 (681,000), compared to 3Q’10.
Syfy also experienced strong growth among the male demos, with 143,000 Men 18-34 (+29%), 363,000 Men 18-49 (+23%) and 398,000 Men 25-54 (+18%).
The channel’s Live + 7 ranking soared in 3Q, to #10 in Adults 18-49 (622,000), #6 among Adults 25-54 (695,000) and #8 in total viewers (1.48 million) among cable entertainment networks, based on data through 9/11/11. These gains were powered by the strength of Live+7 viewing for ,, Eureka and (through 9/11/11), all of which averaged more than 2.5 million total viewers, as well as the premiere of Paranormal Witness:
- averaged a 2.7 HH , 1.7 million Adults 18-49 (best season ever in this demo), 1.9 million Adults 25-54 and 3.54 million total viewers
- averaged a 2.4 HH rating, 1.5 million Adults18-49, 1.67 million Adults 25-54 and 3.2 million total viewers, while emerging as a cross-platform hit with almost 3.5 million VOD plays
- Eureka averaged a 2.2 HH rating, 1.36 million Adults18-49, 1.55 million Adults 25-54 and 2.9 million total viewers
- averaged a 1.9 HH rating, 988,000 Adults18-49, 1.1 million Adults 25-54 and 2.54 million total viewers
- Paranormal Witness got off to a strong start with its premiere earning a 1.2 HH rating, 866,000 Adults 18-49, 859,000 Adults 25-54 and 1.5 million total viewers
As well, the August 30 WWE SuperSmackDown Live telecast generated the program’s best performance on Syfy to-date among Adults18-49 (1.64 million).
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 99 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)