Syfy Posts Most Watched Third Quarter Prime Ever! Led By Powerhouse Scripted Series And New Reality Hit ‘Paranormal Witness’
via press release:
LED BY POWERHOUSE SCRIPTED SERIES AND NEW REALITY HIT PARANORMAL WITNESS, SYFY POSTS MOST WATCHED THIRD QUARTER PRIME EVER!
SOARS 12% AMONG TOTAL VIEWERS, 16% IN ADULTS 18-34 AND 8% AMONG ADULTS 18-49
UP 29% AMONG MEN 18-34, 23% IN MEN 18-49 AND 18% AMONG MEN 25-54
NEW YORK – September 27, 2011 – Fueled by its quartet of popular scripted series (Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas and Haven) and new hit reality program Paranormal Witness, Syfy scored the most watched Third Quarter prime in its 19-year history, leaping 12% in total viewers (1.45 million).
Syfy jumped 16% in Adults 18-34 (234,000), 8% among Adults 18-49 (613,000) as well as 4% in Adults 25-54 (681,000), compared to 3Q’10.
Syfy also experienced strong growth among the male demos, with 143,000 Men 18-34 (+29%), 363,000 Men 18-49 (+23%) and 398,000 Men 25-54 (+18%).
The channel’s Live + 7 ranking soared in 3Q, to #10 in Adults 18-49 (622,000), #6 among Adults 25-54 (695,000) and #8 in total viewers (1.48 million) among cable entertainment networks, based on data through 9/11/11. These gains were powered by the strength of Live+7 viewing for Alphas, Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven (through 9/11/11), all of which averaged more than 2.5 million total viewers, as well as the premiere of Paranormal Witness:
- Warehouse 13 averaged a 2.7 HH rating, 1.7 million Adults 18-49 (best season ever in this demo), 1.9 million Adults 25-54 and 3.54 million total viewers
- Alphas averaged a 2.4 HH rating, 1.5 million Adults18-49, 1.67 million Adults 25-54 and 3.2 million total viewers, while emerging as a cross-platform hit with almost 3.5 million VOD plays
- Eureka averaged a 2.2 HH rating, 1.36 million Adults18-49, 1.55 million Adults 25-54 and 2.9 million total viewers
- Haven averaged a 1.9 HH rating, 988,000 Adults18-49, 1.1 million Adults 25-54 and 2.54 million total viewers
- Paranormal Witness got off to a strong start with its premiere earning a 1.2 HH rating, 866,000 Adults 18-49, 859,000 Adults 25-54 and 1.5 million total viewers
As well, the August 30 WWE SuperSmackDown Live telecast generated the program’s best performance on Syfy to-date among Adults18-49 (1.64 million).
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 99 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)