via press release:
SYFY WILL IMAGINE A GREATER HALLOWEEN WITH SPONSORSHIP OF NEW YORK CITY’S HOLIDAY EVENTS THROUGH 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEENYC, ON-THE-GROUND PARTNERSHIP WITH NYC & COMPANY
CULMINATES IN SYFY’SHALLOWEEN LIVE TELECAST
DODGE AND HERSHEY WILL BE MAJOR SPONSORS
CHANNEL TAKES OVER HALLOWEEN IN NEW YORK WITH SYFY IMAGINATION STATIONS, PURPLE PUMPKIN PROMOTION, HOLIDAY GUIDE, NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES AND SYFY CITY GUIDE APP
ALSO INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE VIDEO ON SYFY.COM, CENTRAL PARK PUMPKIN FESTIVAL AND CHILLER SPONSORSHIP OF NYC NIGHTMARE HAUNTED HOUSE
NEW YORK – October 3, 2011 – Syfy will imagine a greater Halloween by sponsoring New York City’s holiday celebrations through a multi-media, on-the-ground partnership, 31 Days of HalloweeNYC, with NYC & Company, the city’s official marketing, tourism and partnership organization.
Sponsored by Dodge with a fully integrated on-air, online and on-the-ground partnership – including the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan as the campaign’s official vehicle – and Hershey, this expansion of Syfy’s popular 31 Days of Halloween month-long programming event (culminating in the annualLive telecast on October 31 from 7PM-1AM) will provide New Yorkers with the greatest thrills all October long.
These will include Syfy Imagination Stations offering consumers the chance to get into the Halloween spirit with several activities from a Photobooth and Face Painting to Arts and Crafts; the authoritative Syfy Guide to HalloweeNYC which curates all of the greatest Halloween activities around NYC for the month of October; the Purple Pumpkin Promotion, which partners with local retailers to provide consumers with special offers and discounts; the annual Central Park Pumpkin Festival family fun outing on October 29, and a flyaway sweepstakes to experience Halloween 2012 in New York, including two tickets to SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off the Dark.
Syfy has also launched the Syfy City Guide NYC app for iPhone, which takes users to the top Halloween-themed entertainment in New York, Syfy.com/Halloween will serve as the channel’s holiday hub with exclusive videos, blogs and Halloween how-to tips as well as a calendar of events.
Chiller’s sponsorship of Nightmare: Fairy Tales haunted house will join the network’s classic celebration of the scariest month of the year. All October long, Chiller will get into the spirit with a packed schedule of movie offerings, and will cap off the month with an original special, Chiller 13: Horror’s Creepiest Kids, on Friday, October 28 at 8PM (ET/PT). Syfy’s sibling channel Chiller is the only cable channel devoted to delivering viewers round-the-clock scares.
Said Dave Howe, President, Syfy and Chiller: “Syfy is delighted to take ownership of Halloween in New York City through this partnership with NYC & Company. With our cavalcade of spooky family fun integrating advertisers Dodge and Hershey into the celebration, these events will enhance the holiday spirit city-wide and make Halloween 2011 a truly memorable one for New Yorkers and tourists alike.”
“Halloween generates excitement across the five boroughs and showcases New York City’s vibrant atmosphere,” said George Fertitta, CEO of NYC & Company. “31 Days of HalloweeNYC offers an array of unique and fun experiences for every age and interest and for New Yorkers and visitors alike.”
Dodge Sponsorship Highlights
- As the presenting sponsor of Syfy’s 31 Days of Halloween, Dodge’s on-air sponsorship on Syfy during the entire month of October includes custom shot and produced vignettes as well as brand associations such as channel IDs, Halloween-themed umbrella spots, tips spot, tagged tune-ins and lower-third banners. The sponsorship will culminate with the integration of the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan into the Live telecast.
- Ownership of the October 31 Live telecast, where fans interact live with the team through multi-cam video streams, live chat and social media dashboard.
- On the ground sponsorship features Dodge vehicle presence at Syfy Imagination Stations around New York City, as well as the Central Park Pumpkin Festival, via the Dodge Caravan in-vehicle “Pumpking Patch,” which features a unique Halloween photo opportunity for families.
- Online sponsorship of 31 Days custom hub on Syfy.com/Halloween includes integration within daily HalloweeNYC blog, calendar of events and video sections.
Hershey Sponsorship Highlights
- As the participating sponsor of Syfy’s 31 Days of Halloween, Hershey’s will have continuous presence throughout October, including custom enhanced channel IDs for several Hershey’s brands (Hershey’s, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat, Twizzlers, Almond Joy, Reese’s Pieces and York), tagged tune-ins and essence spots, Halloween-themed umbrella spots, as well as sampling on-the-ground at Halloween-themed pop experiences in New York City.
Highlights of 31 Days of HalloweeNYC
Online & Mobile:
- Syfy.com/Halloween will also be loaded with exclusive video, features and Halloween-themed content from Syfy shows like : Paranormal Witness, , and Scare Tactics.
- With the Syfy City Guide NYC app, Syfy brings users the best Halloween-themed events and entertainment in this exclusive app for the iPhone. Syfy and NYC & Company hand-picked over 45 events as well as more than 150 locations in New York City including sci-fi themed restaurants and bars, comic and high-tech shops, famous landmarks and filming locations, as well sci-fi inspired exhibits and events. With the Purple Pumpkin coupon included, users will have access to exclusive discounts and special offers throughout the Big Apple during the month of October. The app features specific details on each location, including photos, user reviews and check-ins via Foursquare
- Users will be able enter the HalloweeNYC Sweepstakes to win a trip for two to New York City’s 2012 Halloween Celebration, including tickets to the smash hit musical SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off the Dark.
Syfy Imagination Stations:
- Syfy will offer a traveling Imagination Station. First, local artists get New Yorkers into the Halloween spirit with crafts and activities at the Creepy Crawly Crafts Booth at Flatiron Plaza October 14 and October 15.
- An exclusive photo booth, complete with props and costumes for the whole family, at the Photo BOO-th at Union Square on October 20 and Washington Square Park on October 21.
- October 28 and October 29, professional artists transform every day people into something straight out of a scary movie -- like on the hit Syfy series -- at the Face Painting at Gansevoort Plaza.
- The Syfy and NYC & Company Halloween Guide to New York will be distributed at the NYC Information Center, various holiday events and as an insert in Time Out New York’s October 5 issue.
Purple Pumpkin Promotion:
- Bars, restaurants, retailers and hotels participating in 31 Days of HalloweeNYC will offer special discounts that can be found at syfy.com/Halloween and nycgo.com/syfy.
- Syfy will blanket NYC with a robust outdoor media campaign that includes street pole banners, bus shelters, phone kiosks, NYC Information Center, among other initiatives.
Central Park Pumpkin Festival:
- Syfy will participate in the October 29 festival, which annually attracts more than 40K visitors to activities such as hay rides, marionette show, haunted house, face painting and musical entertainment.
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For more information on visiting NYC, visit nycgo.com.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)
Chiller is the only cable channel devoted to delivering viewers round-the-clock scares. Chiller’s eclectic slate of adrenaline-fueled, soul-stirring entertainment includes a broad offering of films, including feature-length premieres every Friday, international programming (Afterlife, Apparitions), documentary and reality shows (), anthology series (Masters of Horror) and some of the most thought-provoking and suspenseful series ever on television (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Twilight Zone, Tales from the Darkside, Outer Limits). Chiller is currently available in over 40 million homes. To learn more, visit: www.chillertv.com. Chiller. Scary Good.