via press release:
TBS Delivers More Than 6 Million Total Viewers for Game 3 of Yankees/Tigers MLB LDS Series; +26% Over the Yankees/Twins Game 3 in 2010
Day #4 of the MLB Postseason on TBS Grows +15% over 2010, averaging nearly 4.6 Million Total Viewers and a 3.0 U.S. HH
TBS’ exclusive coverage of Major League Baseball’s (MLB) League Division Series (LDS) featured a primetime match-up in Game 3 between the New York Yankees and Detroit Tigers and garnered 6,046,000 total viewers, +26% over the Yankees’ ALDS Game 3 in 2010 (4,810,000 total viewers), and a 3.9 U.S. Household rating, +30% (3.0 U.S. HH rating) over the corresponding elimination Game 3 between the Yankees and Minnesota Twins in 2010. Overall, TBS’ fourth day of exclusive MLB LDS coverage averaged 4,590,000 total viewers, +12% (4,101,000 total viewers), and a 3.0 U.S. HH rating, +15% (2.6 U.S. HH rating) over the network’s fourth day of postseason coverage a year ago.
TBS opened yesterday’s doubleheader with Game 3 between the Tampa Bay Rays and Texas Rangers, which delivered 3,474,000 total viewers and a 2.3 U.S. HH rating, +5% (2.2 U.S HH rating in 2010) from the same match-up a year ago.
The doubleheader delivered the following in their local DMA’s:
• New York DMA averaged a 13.2 Household rating
• Detroit DMA averaged a 25.0 Household rating
• Dallas-Fort Worth averaged an 11.0 Household rating
• Tampa/St. Pete market averaged a 16.3 Household rating
Source: Based on Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day Fast Nationals. Day 4 of the 2011 MLB Postseason vs. Day 4 of the 2010 MLB Post Season. Local ratings from Arianna, Live + Same Day (10-04-11). TBS is the exclusive television home of all four of Major League Baseball’s League Division Series (LDS) and the National League Championship Series (NLCS).
Tuesday, Oct. 4 games on TBS include:
• Texas Rangers @ Tampa Bay Rays, Game 4 (2:00 PM ET)
• Philadelphia Phillies @ St. Louis Cardinals, Game 3 (5:00 PM ET)
• New York Yankees @ Detroit Tigers, Game 4 (8:30 PM ET)
Tuesday, Oct. 4 game on TNT includes:
• Milwaukee Brewers @ Arizona Diamondbacks, Game 3 (9:30 PM ET)