via press release:
TBS Delivers a 5.2 Metered Market For Network’s Exclusive Coverage of ALDS Game Four of Yankees-Tigers Series
TBS and TNT’s Quadruple-header Coverage Builds Audience Throughout the Day; Day Five Coverage Averages a 3.1 Metered Market Rating
TBS’ exclusive coverage of Major League Baseball’s (MLB) League Division Series (LDS) featuring a primetime match-up in Game 4 between the New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers delivered a 5.2 metered market rating, up +8% over Monday’s Game Three matchup between the two teams. Locally, the game also delivered a 15.2 household rating in New York and 22.7 household rating in Detroit for the Yankees 10-1 victory.
The networks of Turner Sports (TBS and TNT) exclusively aired all four LDS games on Tuesday with the two networks averaging a 3.1 metered market rating, up +3% over comparable coverage vs. 2010. With coverage of TBS’s Yankees-Tigers Game 4 (8:30 PM-12:00 AM ET) and TNT’s Brewers-Diamondbacks Game 3 (9:30 PM-12:45 AM ET) overlapping each other (9:30 PM-12:00 AM ET), the aggregate primetime average metered market rating was 6.4.
Other Highlights Include:
- Texas Rangers at Tampa Bay Rays Game 4 (TBS, 2:00 p.m.) averaged a 1.9 metered market rating, up + 6 % over comparable coverage vs. 2010 ( 1.8 for Day 5 Game 1 - 2010 Texas/TB Game 4 Sunday 1P start )
- Philadelphia Phillies at St. Louis Cardinals Game 3 (TBS, 5:00 p.m.) averaged a 3.8 metered market rating, up +19 % over comparable coverage vs. 2010 ( 3.2 for Day 5 Game 2 - 2010 SF/Atl Sunday 4P start )
- Milwaukee Brewers at Arizona Diamondbacks Game 3 (TNT, 9:30 p.m.) averaged a 1.3 metered market rating, (no comparison available)
Local Market Ratings:
- Dallas/Fort Worth averaged a 7.8 metered market household rating
- Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg averaged a 10.6 metered market household rating
- Philadelphia averaged a 21.6 metered market household rating
- St. Louis averaged a 20.4 metered market household rating
- Milwaukee averaged a 17.2 metered market household rating
- Phoenix averaged a 11.3 metered market household rating
Source: Based on Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day Metered Markets.
TBS is the exclusive television home of all four of Major League Baseball’s League Division Series (LDS) and the National League Championship Series (NLCS).
Wednesday, Oct. 5 Games on TBS include:
- Philadelphia Phillies at St. Louis Cardinals, Game 4 (6:00 PM ET)
- Milwaukee Brewers at Arizona Diamondbacks, Game 4 (9:30 PM ET)
Thursday, Oct. 6 Game on TBS Includes:
- Detroit Tigers at New York Yankees, Game 5 (8:00 PM ET)