via press release:
Although facing continued to pace well ahead of the year-ago evening in both Total Viewers (+25%) and Adults 18-49 (+28%), up year to year for the 3rd straight week.on the night this year, ABC’s Wednesday results
- ABC’s 2-hour Wednesday comedy block ranked #1 from 8-10pm among Adults 18-49. In fact, for the 3rd straight week this season, ABC claimed Wednesday’s #1 TV show in Adults 18-49 with .
At 8pm, ABC’s The Middle grew its overall audience week to week and took full control of its comedy competition in the half-hour, defeating NBC’s by 3.3 million viewers and by 23% in Adults 18-49. In addition, The Middle beat out CBS’ : South Pacific in the slot by 11% in Adults 18-34.
- Despite going up against improved over the year-ago night for the 3rd consecutive telecast among viewers (+1.0 million) and young adults (+8%). in the time period this year, The Middle
Once again building on its lead-in with viewers and young adults (+11%) at 8:30pm, ABC’s generated impressive retention of its highly-rated week-ago debut telecast in Total Viewers (93%) and Adults 18-49 (91%). In fact, the show shot up 17% from its debut telecast with Teens 12-17.
- more than doubling the delivery of NBC’s in viewers (+176%) and Adults 18-49 (+200%). Additionally, the new ABC comedy paced in a near-tie with in the slot among Adults 18-49 (running within 2-tenths of a point) and beat the CBS reality series for the 2nd week in a row with Adults 18-34 (+20%). overshadowed its comedy competition in the half-hour,
- Like its debut telecast the prior week, greatly outperformed the year-ago time period occupant ( ) in viewers (+32%) and young adults (+30%).
Gaining on its lead-in at 9pm to dominate its time period with Adults 18-49, over (+30%) and CBS’ (+56%), ABC’s stood as the night’s #1 TV show in the key young adult sales demo.
- Opposite post-season MLB coverage on cable, retained nearly all of its week ago Adult 18-49 audience (98%) and built week to week across all key Men (M18-34/M18-49/M25-54).
- Up year to year for the 3rd consecutive week, improved over its year-ago telecast by 15% in viewers and by 22% with young adults.
In the 9:30pm half-hour, ABC’s sophomore beat out Fox’s X Factor-fueled sophomore comedy by 11% in Total Viewers and by 26% in Adults 18-49. ranked #1 in its slot with Adults 18-34, Men 18-34 and Women 18-34.
- Holding nearly all of its season opening numbers with viewers (95%) and young adults (94%), 2nd-strongest results for a regular telecast, behind only the prior week’s premiere. In fact the new comedy built over is week-ago season opener among Men 18-49 (+4%), hitting a series high. scored its
Building on its lead in among viewers (+12%) during the 10pm hour against veteran dramas on both CBS (#1 drama in the hour for its 3rd telecast in a row with Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34.) and NBC (L&O: ), ABC’s freshman drama defeated NBC’s veteran drama L&O: by 19% in Adults 18-49. registered as the
- enormous time-period improvement for ABC, leaping over the year-ago night in viewers (+75%) and young adults (+92%). continued to generate
- Against the MLB coverage, the new ABC drama grew its numbers week to week among key Men (M18-49/M25-54).