via press release:
Baseball Tonight Adds Ozzie Guillen as Guest Analyst for
Florida Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen will join ESPN as a Baseball Tonight analyst during the. Guillen will appear on Baseball Tonight’s pregame (7 p.m. ET) and postgame shows, joining host Karl Ravech and analysts John Kruk and Barry Larkin. He will also make appearances on SportsCenter.
Guillen was named manager of the Florida Marlins at the end of the 2011 season. He previously managed the Chicago White Sox from 2004-11, guiding the franchise to achampionship in 2005.
Highlights as manager/coach:
- Managed White Sox from 2004-11 and current manager of the Florida Marlins;
- Led White Sox to championship in 2005;
- First Hispanic manager in MLB history to win a ;
- 2005 – White Sox first American League pennant since 1959 and first World Series win since 1917;
- American League Manager of the Year in 2005;
- In eight seasons, guided White Sox to 679 wins and a 12-4 postseason record;
- Coached for the Montreal Expos in 2001-02 and the World Champion Florida Marlins in 2003.
Highlights as player:
- Played for White Sox (1985-97), Baltimore Orioles (1998), Atlanta Braves (1998-99) and Tampa Bay Rays (2000);
- Three-time All-Star shortstop (1988, 1990, 1991);
- Gold Glove Award winner (1990);
- A.L. Rookie of the Year (1985);
- Ranks among White Sox all-time leaders in games played, hits and plate appearances.
Guillen provided analysis for Fox during the World Series in 2009 and 2010.