via press release:
Last night’s ESPNtelecast – a 24-6 New York Jets victory over the Miami Dolphins – helped ESPN win the night among all networks – broadcast or cable – in all key male and adult demos. The telecast averaged:
- 9.1 household coverage (7.8 U.S. rating)
- 8,950,000 households
- 12,062,000 viewers
- As it has each week this season, ESPN won the night among all networks in all key male demos, and also won in the adult demos
- MNF led all programs Monday night in the delivery of all key male demos and adults 18-34; finished second in adults 18-49 and 25-54
- The MNF telecast ranks as the ninth-largest audience on cable television in calendar year 2011 in households
Local market ratings:
- Miami: 12.9 rating on ESPN and a 6.7 rating on WSFL, for a combined 19.6 rating.
- New York: 10.4 rating on ESPN and a 4.0 rating on WWOR, for a combined 14.4 rating.
MNF season averages (thru 6 weeks/7 games):
- 9.9 household coverage rating (8.5 U.S. rating)
- 9,771,000 households
- 13,421,000 viewers
ESPN Digital Platforms
On Sunday and Monday, NFL content across ESPN digital platforms – including ESPN.com, ESPN Fantasy, the ESPN mobile Web, ScoreCenter and WatchESPN – logged an average minute audience of nearly 170,000 users, a 16 percent increase compared to the same two days last season (source: Adobe/Omniture). ESPN.com logged an average minute audience of 110,000 users to the NFL section alone, up nine percent from last year, while NFL content on ESPN Mobile Applications generated an average minute audience of more than 60,000 users, a 30 percent gain.
NEXT WEEK ON MNF
Next week, ESPN’s MNF features linebacker Ray Lewis and the first-place Baltimore Ravens against Maurice Jones-Drew and the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday, October 24, at 8:30 p.m.