Click this link for the latest CW renewal / cancellation information:
- CW Renew/Cancel Wrap: 'The Tomorrow People,' 'Star-Crossed,' 'The Carrie Diaries' Canceled; 'The 100,' 'Hart of Dixie,' 'Beauty And The Beast' Renewed
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts potential renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2011-12 season in May, 2012. (includes results through November 6, 2011):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
|Hart Of Dixie||0.84|
|The Secret Circle||1.10|
While and still look most likely to be among the likely 2-3 shows canceled by the CW at the end of this season, rookie continues to threaten to join them. While its from last night is not yet in the calculation above, it will be next week.
- - certain to be cancelled by May, 2012
- :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2012
- - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2012
- - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2012
- - certain to be renewed by May, 2012
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 average rating by the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How would the Renew / Cancel Index Have Done Predicting Last Season's Scripted Show Fates? Check out how the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from the 2010-11 broadcast television season.