via press release:
Helps ESPN Win the Night in All Key Male and Adult Demos
Last night’s ESPNtelecast – a 30-24 Chicago Bears road victory over the Philadelphia Eagles – helped ESPN win the night among all networks – broadcast or cable – in all key male and adult demos. The telecast averaged:
- 12.3 household coverage (10.7 U.S. rating)
- 12,219,000 households
- 16,847,000 viewers
- ESPN won the night among all networks in all key male and adult demos; finished second in both households and viewers
- MNF led all programs Monday night in the delivery of all key male and adult demos; finished second in both households and viewers
- The MNF telecast ranks as the fourth-largest audience on cable television in calendar year 2011 in households (fifth among viewers)
Local market ratings:
- Chicago: 20.8 rating on ESPN and a 12.4 rating on WCIU-IND, for a combined 33.2 rating.
- Philadelphia: 19.5 rating on ESPN and a 13.3 rating on WPHL-IND, for a combined 32.8 rating.
MNF season averages (thru 9 weeks/10 games):
- 9.8 household coverage rating (8.4 U.S. rating)
- 9,649,000 households
- 13,181,000 viewers
ESPN Digital Platforms
On Sunday and Monday, NFL content across ESPN digital platforms – including ESPN.com, ESPN Fantasy, the ESPN mobile Web, ScoreCenter and WatchESPN – logged an average minute audience of 175,000 users, a 17 percent increase compared to the same two days last season (source: Adobe/Omniture). ESPN.com logged an average minute audience of 111,000 users to the NFL section alone, up five percent from last year, while NFL content on ESPN Mobile Applications generated an average minute audience of more than 64,000 users, a 43 percent gain.
NEXT WEEK ON MNF
Next week, ESPN’s MNF features a NFC North rivalry game as Aaron Rodgers and the defendingchampion Green Bay Packers – the NFL’s lone remaining undefeated team – host Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings on Monday, November 14, at 8:30 p.m.