via press release:
The Braxtons Continue to Sing for WE tv
Season 2 Premiere of Original Series Braxton Family Values Ranks #1 for W18-34 and #3 for W25-54 During Primetime Among All Ad-Supported Cable, and is the #1 Show Among African-American Viewers for the Night
New York, NY – November 14, 2011 – WE tv’s popular original series, Braxton Family Values, ranked as the #1 telecast for W18-34 and #3 for W25-54 during primetime among all ad-supported cable, when the show returned for its second season on Thursday, November 10 (9-10 pm). The series also ranked as the #1 show among African-American viewers during primetime for all key women and adult demo deliveries, and #1 across all key women’s demos during primetime – W18-34, W18-49 and W25-54 – among all women’s networks
Commented Kim Martin, WE tv’s president & general manager:
“This extraordinary performance illustrates the appetite audiences have for the Braxtons. We like to say our programming showcases ‘every kind of family, all kinds of drama,’ and that’s certainly true in this case. These women and this show have infiltrated pop culture and taken over the social media conversation, and viewers just can’t seem to get enough.”
The second season premiere of Braxton Family Values outperformed the season two average in all key demos by double-digit increases:
- HH up +55% (1.04); HH delivery up +52% (791,000)
- W18-34 up +108% (398,000); W18-49 up +75% (667,000); W25-54 up +47% (532,000); W2+ up +76% (883,000)
- A18-34 up +91% (459,000); A18-49 up +73% (821,000); A25-54 up +47% (664,000); P2+ up +84% (1.2m)
- Attracted a younger audience: 32.7 vs. 36.7, down 4 years
The second season premiere also experienced an abundance of online social media activity:
- On Twitter, the show was trending a full hour before the premiere. During the airing four topics related to the series were trending.
- Ranked #1 on Trendrr among all cable shows and #5 among all TV shows.
- BlueFin ranked the show #2 in prime time among all new episodes on cable.
- On SocialGuide, the show held the top spot for the entire hour in which it aired and ranked as the most social program on cable for the day and third most social program for all of TV. Halfway through the show, nearly a quarter of all activity on the site was devoted entirely to Braxton Family Values.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Live+SD