International Premiere Of ‘American Horror Story’ Scares Up Big Numbers On Fox International Channels
via press release:
INTERNATIONAL PREMIERE OF AMERICAN HORROR STORY SCARES UP BIG NUMBERS ON FOX INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS (FIC)
AMERICAN HORROR STORY OUTPERFORMS THE COMPETITION IN KEY MARKETS-
DELIVERING 3.2 MILLION VIEWERS IN 59 COUNTRIES
Los Angeles, CA / London – November 15, 2011 – Last week’s premiere of FX’s American Horror Story across international sister company’s Fox International Channels (FIC), had over 3.2 million viewers in 59 countries gripping their seats in suspense.
International Ratings Highlights for premiere of American Horror Story:
-Delivered at total 3.2 million viewers in 59 countries
-Delivered an estimated average of 5.9 rating across all metered markets in
Europe and Latin America
The weeklong premiere’s sweep, started November 7th across Europe and Latin America, and quickly became one of FIC’s most impressive series’ launches of the year. The American Horror Story premiere over-performed by more than 100% against channel average and outperformed the competition in key markets on the night. It ranked #1 or #2 among all Pay-TV in most metered markets across Latin America and Europe for its time slot.
“Numbers so strong, it’s scary,” said Hernan Lopez, President and CEO of Fox International Channels. “American Horror Story has brought droves of new viewers to a killer global lineup including The Walking Dead. With both shows renewed for another season, and our local lineups also fired up, we are looking forward to a great 2012.”
Regional Ratings Highlights:
Key IBOPE Highlights:
-Delivered a total of 119,480 Pay P4+ and 40,190 Pay P18-49 High/Medium viewers
– Ranked #1 among all Pay TV with a 1.53 rating% among Pay P4+ and 1.88 rating% among Pay P 18-49 High/Medium.
– Ranked higher than most of Free TV channels with the exception of El Trece and Telefe.
Key IBOPE Highlights:
– Delivered a total of 177,870 Pay P4+ and 101,000 Pay P18-49 High/Medium viewers in Buenos Aires Argentina.
– Ranked #1 among all Pay TV with a 1.09 rating% among Pay P4+ and 1.79 rating% among Pay P 18-49 High/Medium.
– #2 among all TV ranking higher than most of Free TV channels with the exception of only Canal 2 Nat.
Key IBOPE Highlights:
– Delivered a total of 143,340 Pay P4+ and 68,740 Pay P18-49 High/Medium viewers
– Ranked #1 among all Pay TV with a 1.13 rating% among Pay P4+ and 1.26 rating% among Pay P 18-49 High/Medium.
– Ranked higher than most of Free TV channels with the exception of Canal RCN and Canal Caracol.
Key AUDITEL/AGB Highlights
– Delivered 224.000 viewers (Fox/+1/+2)
– 1st channel on Sky Platform at 22.45.
– 25-34 Target: 22% share on SKY, 3% share of Total TV.
– 15-54 Target: 12.5% share on SKY, 1.2% share of Total TV.
SPAIN – FOX
Key KANTAR Highlights:
– Delivered 180.000 viewers (0.83% share of Total TV)
– 108.000 viewers for same night repeat (0.57 % share of Total TV)
UK – FX
Key BARB Highlights:
– Delivered a total of 128,200 People 4+ viewers for the live run.
– Strong come back for its second week, episode 2 delivered more viewers with an increase of +27% vs. the premiere (158.700 vs. 128.200).
Key GARB Highlights:
– Delivered 28.355 viewers in 15+ demo (2.48% share of Pay-TV & 2.03% share of all TV)
– Live rating of 0.43 in 15+ demo
– Performance is better than channel primetime average.
American Horror Story is Murphy’s (Nip/Tuck, Glee) and Glee co-creator Brad Falchuk’s hour-long, 13-episode subversive modern horror tale. Produced by 20th Television, the duo, along with Dante Di Loreto (Glee), executive produce.
The drama chronicles the lives of Ben and Vivien Harmon (Dylan McDermott, The Practice and Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights) who relocate from Boston to Los Angeles with their daughter in an attempt to put the dark memories of their past behind them. Their new residence in an old mansion hides dark secrets, as do next-door neighbor Constance (Academy Award®-winner Jessica Lange), the home’s housekeeper, Moira O’Hara (Frances Conroy, Six Feet Under and Alexandra Breckenridge, Life Unexpected), and Larry, a former resident of the estate (Denis O’Hare, True Blood).
Sources: IBOPE (Argentina: GBA Only, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru) – Persons 18-49 in Pay TV Universe, AGB (Venezuela) – Persons 18-44 ABCD in Pay TV Universe, AUDITEL/AGB (Italy) AMR viewers 2+ in Pay TV Universe, BARB (UK)- TRP viewers in Pay TV HH, KANTAR (Spain)- SOA viewers in Pay TV Universe
About FOX International Channels
FOX International Channels (FIC) is News Corporation’s international multi-media business. We develop, produce and distribute 300+ wholly- and majority-owned entertainment, factual, sports and movie channels across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa, in 35 languages. These networks and their related mobile, non-linear and high-definition extensions, reach over 375 million subscribing households (1 billion cumulative) worldwide. We also operate a global online advertising unit, .FOX (pronounced “dot-fox”) specialized in online video and display, and four TV production houses. In operation since: August 14, 1993.