Are You A ‘The National Dog Show’ Fan? There’s An App For That
via press release:
NBC Announces New App to Enhance Enjoyment of Thanksgiving Day Special, The National Dog Show Presented By Purina®
The new National Dog Show app is a free download available from the Android Market and iTunes App Store. Users can take advantage of the app to enhance their enjoyment of the show, which airsThanksgiving Day immediately after the Macy’s Parade. Over 18 million total viewers tune into the two-hour special (noon-2 p.m. in all time zones) each year.
Specific features of the National Dog Show app allow users to:
- check out more than 170 breeds as they are judged
- view exclusive video clips and photos from past events
- watch interviews and vignettes
- view in-depth descriptions of this year’s four new breeds
- view an outline of judging standards
- read an article on Eli, the 2011 National Dog Show Therapy Dog Ambassador
- download National Dog Show wallpapers
- check out 2011 National Dog Show Fun Facts
- participate in polls.
The special is a celebration of America’s fascination with man’s best friend, hosted by John O’Hurley, the “Seinfeld” ensemble actor (catalogue kind “J.Peterman”) and expert analyst David Frei, America’s foremost authority on the sport. The two-hour special’s unique content is facilitated by the open format of the Kennel Club of Philadelphia event, one of only five remaining “benched” shows in which the dogs are on display all day for the visiting public.
SOURCE The National Dog Show