Syfy Will Celebrate Holiday Season with ‘Countdown to Christmas Week’
via press release:
SYFY WILL CELEBRATE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS WEEK
FIRST EVER “TOP 40” VIEWERS CHOICE VOTE AT SYFY.COM FOR ANNUAL NEW YEAR’S EVE TWILIGHT ZONE MARATHON
GHOST HUNTERS, BEING HUMAN, FACE OFF AND MERLIN MARATHONS
NEW YORK – November 28, 2011 – Syfy will kick off the holidays with a month-long, on-air and online celebration starting with its second annual Countdown to Christmas Week, featuring the original miniseries Neverland (December 4 & 5), stand-alone holiday episodes of the hit series Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven (December 6), Ghost Hunters (December 7) as well as the Saturday Original Movie Snowmageddon (December 10).
For this year’s annual New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day Twilight Zone marathon (beginning at 9AM on Saturday, December 31 and running throughout Sunday, January 1), Syfy.com will take fans into that dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity with the first ever Viewers Choice poll to select the all-time favorite “Top 40” episodes of the iconic series: http://www.syfy.com/twilightzone/viewerschoice/
Episodes 40-21 will air on December 31 from 2PM-12AM, while episodes 20-1 will air on January 1 from 2PM-12AM.
Syfy.com’s original content will also include:
- A Neverland site with “Enter Neverland” special feature where the users can discover their own Neverland name and character origin story. That story will place the user in one of the four factions from the miniseries – The Lost Boys, The Woodland Creatures, The People of the Raven and The Pirates
- Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven sites – what would you buy one of the series’ stars if you picked them in a Secret Santa pool — as well as hiding the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future throughout the Ghost Hunter’s site for eagle eyed Team Ghost members to find
- DVICE and Blastr holiday video gift guides – featuring Andrea Feczko – which highlights the coolest geeky and high-tech gifts hand picked by the staff of Syfy’s popular blogs
To catch up fans on their favorite shows, Syfy will present Christmas Day marathons of:
- Season 7 of Ghost Hunters (Season 8 returns in February) from 9AM-3PM;
- Season 1 of Face Off (Season 2 returns January 26) from 3-11PM;
- Season 3 of Merlin (Season 4 returns January 6) from 11PM-5AM
As well, Syfy will air a Season 1 marathon of Being Human (Season 2 returns January 17) on Monday, December 26 from 12PM – 1AM.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)