via press release:
Ratings Highlights for November 2011 – Final National Ratings
Disney Junior Generates November Highs for Disney Channel
~Marks Tenth Consecutive Month Posting New Monthly Highs in Key Demos
November 7 Airing of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”
Ranks as TV’s No. 1 Telecast in Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5
“Jake and the Never Land Pirates” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”
Are Cable’s Top 2 Series in Boys 2-5 for the 2nd Straight Month,
And Rank Among the Top 3 Cable Series in Kids 2-5
Disney Junior: November 2011 Highlights:
During November 2011, Disney Junior delivered all-time November highs for Disney Channel across all target demos, including Total Viewers (1.343 million), Kids 2-5 (534,000/3.2 rating), Boys 2-5 (310,000/3.6 rating), Girls 2-5 (224,000/2.8 rating) and Women 18-49 (279,000/0.4 rating), increasing by solid double-digit percent margins among preschool demographics over year-ago levels. Notably, this marked the preschool block’s 10th straight month of posting monthly highs for the given month.
- Year to year, Disney Junior posted impressive gains in key demos, including by 15% in Total Viewers (1.343 million vs. 1.167 million), by 26% in Kids 2-5 (534,000 vs. 423,000), by 42% in Boys 2-5 (310,000 vs. 219,000) and by 13% in Women 18-49 (279,000 vs. 247,000).
- The November 7 telecast of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (9:00 – 9:25 a.m.) stood as the month’s No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 2-5 (1.5 million/8.9 rating) and Boys 2-5 (898,000/10.5 rating).
- Overall, “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” combined to account for 8 of the month’s Top 10 preschool cable telecasts among Boys 2-5.
- In Boys 2-5, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” (430,000/5.0 rating) and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (419,000/4.9 rating) were cable’s Top 2 series for the 2nd month running.
- This marked the 5th consecutive month “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” ranked as cable’s No. 1 preschool series in Boys 2-5, and was No. 1 for the 9th time in the previous 10 months overall – dating back to the series’ February 2011 launch.
- In Kids 2-5, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” (No. 2 - 709,000/4.3 rating) and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (No. 3 – 708,000/4.2 rating) ranked among cable’s Top 3 series during the month.
About Disney Junior:
The new Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel reflects the emotional connection generations of consumers have to Disney storytelling and Disney characters, both classic and contemporary. It invites mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7. Disney Junior’s animated and live action series blend Disney’s unparalleled storytelling and characters kids love deeply with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles, and social skills. Disney Junior is available on basic cable in more than 99 million U.S. homes (via a daily block on Disney Channel) and to millions of other viewers on 25 Disney Junior channels (fka Playhouse Disney channels) and free-to-air broadcast partners around the world. It is also seen via subscription video-on-demand and a broadband website, DisneyJunior.com. In 2012 Disney Junior will add a basic cable and satellite channel in the U.S.
Source: NMR, U.S. ratings, most current. Disney Junior: weeks of 10/31-11/20: M-F, 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; SS, 6: a.m. – 9:00 a.m.; week of 11/21/11: M-Su, 6:00 – 8:00 a.m.. November 11: 10/31/11-11/27/11; November 10: 11/1/10-11/28/10. Program ranks based on 2 or more telecasts.