It’s Official: Fox Wins the November 2011 Sweep
via press release:
IT’S OFFICIAL: FOX WINS THE NOVEMBER 2011 SWEEP
Network Boosted Core Adults 18-49 Sweep Rating By +13%
Dominated Sweep By +41% Among Young Adults and By +50% Among Teens
For only the second time ever in the network’s history, FOX has won the November broadcast television sweep. Averaging a 3.4 rating among Adults 18-49 from October 27 to November 23, 2011, FOX outperformed its highest-rated competitor, CBS, by +6% in the core adult demo and beat the No. 2 network by +41% among Adults 18-34 (3.1 vs. 2.2) and by +50% among Teens (2.1 vs. 1.4).
FOX posted a +13% ratings gain compared to last year’s November sweep, thanks to freshman hits NEW GIRL, TERRA NOVA and THE X FACTOR; strong returning favorites and stability across the week. This increase is especially impressive given that no other network posted gains in the core adult demo this November sweep.
In addition, FOX continues to rank No. 1 this fall among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens and boasts the youngest median age of the Big 4 networks: CBS (54), ABC (53), NBC (48), FOX (46).
Additional November 2011 sweep highlights include:
- FOX had five of the sweep’s Top 20 regular programs among Adults 18-49:
- NEW GIRL, THE X-FACTOR Wed, GLEE, THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY
- FOX had eight of the sweep’s Top 20 regular programs among Adults 18-34:
- NEW GIRL, FAMILY GUY, THE SIMPSONS, GLEE, THE X-FACTOR Wed, AMERICAN DAD, BONES and HOUSE
- FOX had 10 of the sweep’s Top 20 regular programs among Teens:
- GLEE, FAMILY GUY, NEW GIRL, THE SIMPSONS, AMERICAN DAD, THE X-FACTOR Thurs, THE X-FACTOR Wed, THE CLEVELAND SHOW, ALLEN GREGORY and BONES
- NEW GIRL ranks as the sweep’s No.1 new program among Adults 18-34 and the No.1 new comedy among Teens.
- NEW GIRL is the No. 2 new comedy among Adults 18-49, behind “Two Broke Girls.”
- THE X-FACTOR Wednesday ranks as the sweep’s No.1 new unscripted entertainment program among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, with both the Wednesday and Thursday editions leading among Teens.
- GLEE ranks as the sweep’s No.1 entertainment program among Teens
- FAMILY GUY ranks as the sweep’s No.1 entertainment program among Young Men (18-34)
Final November 2011 Sweep Ratings (Nielsen Most Current):
- FOX: 3.4 (+13%)
- CBS: 3.2 (0%)
- ABC: 2.8 (-7%)
- NBC: 2.6 (-4%)
About Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) is a unit of News Corporation and the leading broadcast television network among Adults 18-49. FOX finished the 2010-2011 season at No. 1 in the key adult demographic for the seventh consecutive year – a feat that has never been achieved in broadcast history – while continuing to dominate all network competition in the more targeted Adults 18-34 and Teen demographics. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week as well as late-night entertainment programming, major sports and Sunday morning news.