via press release:
Ratings Highlights for 2011 – National Ratings
Big First Year for Disney Junior Block on Disney Channel
Home to Cable TV's #1 Series Among Boys 2-5,
“Jake and the Never Land Pirates”
“Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” Introduces #1 Cable TV Telecast of 2011
Among Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5
Disney Junior: 2011 Highlights:
In its first year, Disney Junior, the daily programming block for kids age 2-7 on Disney Channel, posted the network’s biggest yearly audience in the daypart in Total Viewers (1.3 million), Kids 2-5 (450,000/2.7 rating), Boys 2-5 (251,000/2.9 rating), Girls 2-5 (199,000/2.9 rating) and Women 18-49 (254,000/0.4 rating), increasing by double-digit percent margins among preschooler demographics over year-ago levels. Its launch series "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" sailed to hit status, ranking as cable TV's #1 series of the year among Boys 2-5 while viewer favorite "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" delivered the year's #1 cable telecast among Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5.
Nancy Kanter, Senior Vice President, Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide, said, "Our dedicated Disney Junior team has put great care into delivering what parents told us they want for their young kids – emotionally connected, quintessentially Disney stories, compelling characters and learning. We're so pleased with the response from kids, moms and dads, proof that the Disney hallmark of storytelling with heart truly is timeless and knows no age or gender bounds."
- Year to year, Disney Junior surged: +28% in Kids 2-5 (450,000 vs. 351,000), +39% in Boys 2-5 (251,000 vs. 180,000), +16% in Girls 2-5 (199,000 vs. 172,000) and +12% in Women 18-49 (254,000 vs. 227,000).
- “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” ranked as the year’s #1 cable TV series among Boys 2-5 (425,000/5.0 rating), the first time Disney Channel has delivered the #1 cable TV series in the demographic.
- The February 14 debut of “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” was the #1 preschool cable TV series launch of 2011, defeating the launch of Nickelodeon’s “Bubble Guppies” (1/24/11) by 8% in Kids 2-5 (1.0 million vs. 926,000) and by 48% in Boys 2-5 (636,000 vs. 429,000).
- “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” was the most co-viewed series of 2011 among all Disney Channel and Nickelodeon preschool series as 45.8% of all Adults 18-49 watched with a preschooler 2-5.
- “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” is pacing as Disney Channel’s #1 preschool series of all time among Total Viewers (2.2 million), Kids 2-5 (1.03 million/6.1 rating), Boys 2-5 (648,000/7.5 rating) and Women 18-49 (424,000/0.6 rating) through its first 24 original episodes.
- The November 7 airing of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (8:00 – 8:55 a.m.) was the year’s #1 preschool cable telecast among Kids 2-5 (1.5 million/8.9 rating) and Boys 2-5 (898,000/10.5 rating).
- It is the 1st time Disney Channel has held the year’s #1 preschool cable telecast among Boys 2-5, and the second time ever among Kids 2-5.
- Disney Junior held the year’s Top 6 cable TV preschool telecasts in Boys 2-5, and 9 of the Top 10 overall:
About Disney Junior:
The Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel reflects the emotional connection generations of consumers have to Disney storytelling and Disney characters, both classic and contemporary. It invites mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7. Disney Junior’s animated and live action series blend Disney’s unparalleled storytelling and characters kids love deeply with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles, and social skills. Disney Junior is available on basic cable in more than 99 million U.S. homes (via a daily block on Disney Channel) and to millions of other viewers on 28 Disney Junior channels (fka Playhouse Disney channels) and free-to-air broadcast partners around the world. It is also seen via subscription video-on-demand and a broadband website, DisneyJunior.com. In 2012 Disney Junior will add a basic cable and satellite channel in the U.S.
Source: NMR, U.S. ratings, Disney Junior: M-F, 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; SS, 6: a.m. – 9:00 a.m. 2011: 12/27/10-12/11/11, most current; 2010: 12/28/06-12/26/10, L7. DJ Launch to date: 2/14/11-12/11/11, most current. Co-viewing: Npower, L7, based on program level data with minimum 6 telecasts.