‘The X Factor’ Season 1 — Key Stats
via press release:
THE X FACTOR SEASON 1 — KEY STATS
- THE X FACTOR is the #1 unscripted program overall this Fall and the #1 new unscripted show so far this season
o Averaging a 4.2/12 rating among Adults 18-49 and 12.4 million Total Viewers, THE X FACTOR has given FOX a nightly win on the majority of the nights it has aired.
- In fact, THE X FACTOR lifted FOX’s average ratings on Wednesdays and Thursdays by +48% and +46% versus last fall.
- THE X FACTOR is an especially big new hit among Teens – it’s the #2 new series among Teens this season, second only to NEW GIRL
- Thanks to THE X FACTOR, FOX is #1 on Thursday nights in the fall for the first time in the network’s history.
- THE X FACTOR is one of this season’s Top 5 new shows among ethnic minorities and is this season’s #1 show overall among African American adults age 18-49
o Among Hispanic Adults 18-49, THE X FACTOR-Wed and Thurs are the #2 and #3 top-rated new shows this season (behind only NEW GIRL, which is #1)
- With multiple hours of THE X FACTOR on our air every week, FOX won the November Sweep among Adults 18-49.
SOCIAL MEDIA/ POP CULTURE IMPACT:
- Trendrr’s Social TV chart consistently ranks THE X FACTOR as the #1 TV Show With the Most Social Media Buzz
o Earlier this month THE X FACTOR had an overall social media activity count of 1,567,835 – +41% higher than its buzz the previous week and +119% higher than the next most buzzed-about broadcast series
- In just a few short months, THE X FACTOR artists performances have been viewed over a quarter of a billion times online via You Tube, Hulu, Roku & Verizon App and on the website
- In fact, some of the finalists have drawn multiple millions of views on YouTube to their first auditions alone:
o Josh Krajcik: More than 4 million views
o Drew: More than 5 million views
o Melanie Amaro: More than 6 million views
o Chris Rene: Nearly 11 million views!
(By comparison, The Voice’s winner, Javier Colon, has drawn only about 700,000 views to his most popular video from the show on YouTube)
- We’ve seen an average of 25-30 trending terms on Twitter related to TXF on performance show nights – this is significantly more trending than you see with other TV shows.
o During last night’s results finale, we saw 58 trending topics related to THE X FACTOR!
- We saw more than 6000 tweets per minute re: THE X FACTOR during performance shows.
- Online voting grew by millions every week
- Fun fact: When Simon Cowell joined Twitter (right before the 11/22 show started), he acquired more than 250,000 followers within 8 hours.