via press release:
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 12/5/11 (Week #12):
Based on Nielsen’s DVR playback data for the week, ABC’s Modern Family registered as TV’s biggest gainer via time-shifted viewing in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, picking up an additional 4.94 million viewers and 2.5 rating points from its originally reported Live + Same Day numbers. In fact, with a record-setting 4.94 million viewer jump over its initial number (12.20 million to 17.14 million), Modern Family topped the chart for its 8th straight original telecast in both viewers and young adults.
- Based on Nielsen’s final ratings, Modern Family solidified its rank as TV’s #1 scripted show of the week in Adults 18-49, building from a 5.1 rating in the first-reported Live + Same Day numbers to a 7.6 rating in the Live + 7 numbers. Initially in the Live + Same Day statistics, Modern Family tied CBS’ Two and a Half Men as the week’s top-rated scripted show in the young adult demo and moved up to a definitive #1 in the Live + 7 Day statistics moving ahead of the CBS sitcom to lead by 21% (6.3 rating).
- Disney-owned Once Upon a Time (4.1 rating) remained TV’s #1 new drama among Adults 18-49 in the Live + 7 numbers, topping new drama runner-up CBS’ Person of Interest by 5% (3.9 rating). The ABC freshman drama gained an additional 1.2 rating points over its originally reported Live + Same Day numbers.
- Impressively, ABC had 5 shows gain more than 2.5 million viewers from their initially reported totals via time-shifted viewing, including the week’s biggest overall gainer: Modern Family (+4.94 million), Castle (+2.81 million), Revenge (+2.76 million), Body of Proof (+2.74 million) and Once Upon a Time (+2.72 million).
Season-to-Date DVR Playback (9/19/11-12/11/11):
On average for the 2011-12 season, ABC’s Modern Family and Grey’s Anatomy are the season’s Top 2 biggest gainers via time-shifted viewing among Adults 18-49 (picking up 2.4 rating points and 1.6 rating points, respectively). Modern Family is also the season’s biggest overall gainer among Total Viewers (+4.71 million).
- With Modern Family (8.1 rating) and Grey’s Anatomy (5.3), ABC claims the season’s #1 program and #1 drama, respectively, in the key young adult demo.
- In addition, picking up an additional 1.1 rating points in the Live + 7 numbers, Disney-owned Once Upon a Time is the season’s #1 new drama in Adults 18-49 (4.7).
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Based on original, regular telecasts only.