via press release:
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 12/5/11 (Week #12):
Based on Nielsen’s DVR playback data for the week, ABC’s biggest gainer via time-shifted viewing in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, picking up an additional 4.94 million viewers and 2.5 points from its originally reported Live + Same Day numbers. In fact, with a record-setting 4.94 million viewer jump over its initial number (12.20 million to 17.14 million), topped the chart for its 8th straight original telecast in both viewers and young adults.registered as TV’s
- Based on Nielsen’s final ratings, TV’s #1 scripted show of the week in Adults 18-49, building from a 5.1 rating in the first-reported Live + Same Day numbers to a 7.6 rating in the Live + 7 numbers. Initially in the Live + Same Day statistics, tied CBS’ as the week’s top-rated scripted show in the young adult demo and moved up to a definitive #1 in the Live + 7 Day statistics moving ahead of the CBS sitcom to lead by 21% (6.3 rating). solidified its rank as
- Disney-owned TV’s #1 new drama among Adults 18-49 in the Live + 7 numbers, topping new drama runner-up CBS’ by 5% (3.9 rating). The ABC freshman drama gained an additional 1.2 rating points over its originally reported Live + Same Day numbers. (4.1 rating) remained
- Impressively, ABC had 5 shows gain more than 2.5 million viewers from their initially reported totals via time-shifted viewing, including the week’s biggest overall gainer: Modern Family (+4.94 million), (+2.81 million), (+2.76 million), (+2.74 million) and (+2.72 million).
Season-to-Date DVR Playback (9/19/11-12/11/11):
On average for the 2011-12 season, ABC’s Modern Family and’s are the season’s Top 2 biggest gainers via time-shifted viewing among Adults 18-49 (picking up 2.4 rating points and 1.6 rating points, respectively). Modern Family is also the season’s biggest overall gainer among Total Viewers (+4.71 million).
- With Modern Family (8.1 rating) and season’s #1 program and #1 drama, respectively, in the key young adult demo. ’s (5.3), ABC claims the
- In addition, picking up an additional 1.1 rating points in the Live + 7 numbers, Disney-owned season’s #1 new drama in Adults 18-49 (4.7). is the
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Based on original, regular telecasts only.