Golf Channel Kicks Off 2012 PGA Tour Television Coverage With Hyundai Tournament Of Champions
via press release:
GOLF CHANNEL KICKS OFF 2012 PGA TOUR TELEVISION COVERAGE WITH HYUNDAI TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS
Miller and Faldo to Share Broadcast Booth
Golf Channel to Air 17 ½ Hours Live Hours in Primetime
2012 European Tour Season Begins in South Africa
“Having Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo share the booth will be very entertaining. Can’t wait to be involved in the broadcast.” – Golf Channel analyst Curt Byrum
“In its second year as title sponsor, Hyundai Tournament of Champions gets a Monday night finish. A stroke of genius that will give the opening event a unique television time slot to start the season. The true sports fan will enjoy golf and college football in the same night.” – Golf Channel analyst Frank Nobilo
Hyundai Tournament of Champions
Dates: Jan. 6-9
Venue: Plantation Course, Kapalua Resort, Kapalua, Hawaii
Airtimes: Friday 5:30-10 p.m. (Live) / 10:30 p.m.-3 a.m. (Replay)
Saturday 5:30-10 p.m. (Live) / 10:30 p.m.-3 a.m. (Replay)
Sunday 5:30-10 p.m. (Live) / 10:30 p.m.-3 a.m. (Replay)
Monday 4-8 p.m. (Live) / 9 p.m.-1 a.m. (Replay)
Golf Channel Tournament Broadcast Team
Terry Gannon / Dan Hicks (Play-by-Play)
Nick Faldo / Johnny Miller (Analyst)
Frank Nobilo (Tower)
Mark Rolfing (Tower)
Curt Byrum (On Course)
Jerry Foltz (On Course)
Kelly Tilghman (Show Host / Interviews)
· Faldo and Miller to Share Broadcast Booth – Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo, the two preeminent names in golf television today, will work as co-analysts for the first time at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions.
· More than 17 Hours of Live Tournament Coverage – Golf Channel’s coverage will include 17 ½ live hours from Hawaii – with the majority in primetime – featuring a Monday finish for the first time.
· Aimpoint presented by Fidelity featured – Aimpoint presented by Fidelity, Golf Channel’s Emmy award-winning technology that predicts the line of a putt and where players must aim to hole out, will be featured on holes 13 and 18 at the Plantation Course at Kapalua.
· Wraparound News Coverage at Kapalua – Golf Central and Golf Central Pre Game will broadcast live and on-site from the Plantation Course Thursday-Monday. Steve Sands and Brandel Chamblee will host Golf Central, joined by the network’s team of reporters and anchors.
· Opening Drive Special Thursday – Thursday at 6 p.m. ET, Golf Central will kick off the 2012 PGA TOUR season with a two-hour Opening Drive special, featuring Golf Channel and Golf Channel on NBC personalities previewing the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and discussing the hot topics heading into the 2012 season in a roundtable format. The special also will feature several PGA TOUR professionals competing in a closest-to-the-pin competition on the 11th hole at the Plantation Course at Kapalua, benefiting a number of area charities. Throughout the show, Kelly Tilghman and Jerry Foltz will interview players as they prepare for the 2012 PGA TOUR season, and Terry Gannon will sit down with Johnny Miller to get his predictions on the 2012 season.
Dates: Jan. 5-8
Venue: East London Golf Club, East London, South Africa
Airtimes: Thursday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Friday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Sunday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Tape Delay)
· Headlining the Field – Defending champion Louis Oosthuizen, Retief Goosen and several of South Africa’s top International players, including George Coetzee, Jaco van Zyl, Jbe Kruger and Branden Grace are scheduled to compete in the European Tour’s 2012 kickoff event.