ABC’s Tuesday is Up Across the Board Year to Year
via press note:
Finishing as the 2nd-most-watched broadcaster on Tuesday, ABC drew its biggest audience on the night in 5 weeks and its top young adult number in 6 weeks – since 11/29/11 and 11/22/11, respectively.
- ABC grew over the same night last year (also an all-original schedule) by 8% in Total Viewers and by 18% in Adults 18-49.
At 8pm opposite an original of CBS’ top-rated NCIS, ABC freshman Last Man Standing earned second place in its slot, beating out NBC’s season premiere of Biggest Loser 13 by 1.5 million viewers and by 14% in Adults 18-49.
- Last Man Standing was up over its most-recent original 3 weeks ago with Total Viewers (+5%) and Adults 18-49 (+9%).
Showing solid young adult lead-in retention out of Last Man Standing at 8:30pm (83%) opposite stiff competition, ABC’s debut of Work It was up by double digits over the last episode of Man Up! in the half-hour with Total Viewers (+27%) and Adults 18-49 (+25%), beating the final 6 episodes of the comedy it replaced in the key young sales demo.
- Work It improved its half-hour for ABC by 11% in Adults 18-49 over original programming on the same night last year (second half-hour of No Ordinary Family).
Building on its lead-in by double-digit percentages, Celebrity Wife Swap outdelivered an original airing of V on the same night last year in both Adults 18-49 (+5%) and in Adults 18-34 (+8%).
- The new ABC series surged over its Monday preview across the key Men demos: M18-34 +22%, M18-49 +15% and M25-54 +33%.
Returning to original for the first time in 4 weeks, ABC’s Body of Proof built on its lead-in (+17%) to outdraw NBC’s Parenthood in the 10pm hour by 2.1 million viewers. In addition, Body of Proof was the only drama to increase its audience from start to finish in the hour, as CBS’ Unforgettable and NBC’s Parenthood each lost viewers on the half-hour.
- ABC’s Body of Proof continued to deliver strong year-to-year improvement in the hour, surging by 35% in Total Viewers and by 25% in Adults 18-49 over an original Detroit 1-8-7 on the year-ago night.