via press note:
With its Wednesday schedule returning to originals for the first time in a month, ABC led the pack on the first Wednesday of 2012 by wide margins, beating out CBS by 1.2 million viewers and by 65% in Adults 18-49. In fact, ABC ran as the top-rated broadcaster in all 6 half-hours of the night among Adults 18-49. ABC scored its strongest Wednesday in 10 weeks with viewers and in 9 weeks with young adults – since 10/26/11 and 11/2/11, respectively.
- #1 TV series on Wednesday in viewers and young adults. In fact, ABC’s is on track to finish as the week’s top-rated scripted show and as TV’s #1 comedy in Adults 18-49, outdelivering CBS’ original this past Monday. by 24% finished as the definitive
- As the Network was up across its schedule from the same Wednesday last year (also a night of all originals), ABC surged year over year by 27% in viewers and by 22% in young adults.
- Despite facing championship college football on ESPN (Discover Orange Bowl), ABC grew by double digits over the last time its Wednesday lineup was in originals 4 weeks ago (on 12/7/11) in Total Viewers (+12%) and Adults 18-49 (+10%), with all 5 of its series posting gains.
At 8pm, ABC’sbeat out CBS’ special I Get That A Lot in viewers and young adults.
- 3rd-highest numbers everon both counts. was up over its most recent original by 1.3 million viewers and by 7% in young adults, marking the series
At 8:30pm like its lead-in, ABC’stopped the second half-hour of CBS’ I Get That A Lot in viewers and young adults.
- Rising over its most recent first-run in viewers (+9%) and young adults (+4%), biggest audience in 10 weeks – since 10/26/11. drew its
Gaining on its lead-in at 9pm, ABC’s 10th consecutive first-run telecast this season.registered as Wednesday’s #1 TV series in Adults 18-49 for its
- Building on its last original by 15% in viewers and by 10% in young adults, series’ 3rd-largest audience ever and equaled a 9-week high among Adults 18-49 (since 11/2/11). attracted the
During the 9:30 p.m. half-hour, ABC’s more than doubled the second half-hour of Fox’s Mobbed premiere in Total Viewers (+133%)and Adults 18-49 (+154%).
- Surging over its most recent original with viewers (+20%) and young adults (+18%), 2nd-most-watched-ever telecastand its 3rd-highest-ever Adult 18-49 number. generated its
From 10-11pm, ABC freshman drama #1 entertainment show in its time period among Adults 18-49.finished as the
- ABC’s 7-week high on both counts – since 11/16/11. was up over its last first-run telecast in viewers (+10%) and young adults (+4%), marking a