via press release:
TLC breaks new ground with the docu-sitcom LEAVE IT TO NIECY
All-new series, featuring Niecy Nash, premieres March 25
TLC - the destination for the most engaging family docu-series on television - moves into new territory with the premiere of the docu-sitcom LEAVE IT TO NIECY, featuring actress/comedienne Niecy Nash. Blending together production and storytelling elements from both the traditional sitcom genre and the world of non-scripted reality shows, LEAVE IT TO NIECY offers a new balance of real-life humor through the lens of the beloved comedy format. The eight-episode half-hour series will premiere March 25 at 10/9c.
TLC viewers were first introduced to Niecy when she walked down the aisle and married her husband Jay Tucker in front of nearly 5 million viewers in TLC's 2-hour event "Niecy Nash's Wedding Bash" this past June. Now, LEAVE IT TO NIECY takes viewers into the couple's home, which includes her three kids, and her opinionated mother. Together, they balance work, life, and love to create a modern blended family.
The family includes:
- Niecy - hard-working actress/comedienne, well known for Reno 911 and her season on . She's never been busier, but Niecy places family first - and doesn't put up with any foolishness under her roof.
- Jay - an electrical engineer, Jay is working on blending these two families together. He's adjusting to living in a household of mostly women, especially parenting teenage daughters for the first time.
- Miss Margaret - Niecy's mom, who lives with the family, and helps take care of the kids when Niecy's working. She's quick to challenge her daughter, and isn't shy with an opinion.
- Dominic - Niecy's oldest child, Dominic has the world ahead of him and dreams of growing his creative talents. He's always trying to debunk his mom's schemes, enlisting his sisters for help.
- Romallis - Jay's son. Niecy's kids have welcomed Romallis into the family, and he is adjusting to going from being a single child to finding his way in a big and boisterous bunch.
- Donielle - The middle child, Donielle has dry sense of humor. Always calling it as she sees it, she is quick to see through her mom's hijinks, especially when it comes to attempts at family bonding.
- Dia - the youngest child, Dia big personality. She's wants to grow up faster the Niecy will allow and she's always push limit to no longer be seen as the baby of the family.
"TLC is well-known for its real life series about remarkable families, and LEAVE IT TO NIECY takes that genre to a new level. We knew we had something special with Niecy and her family - their natural comedy helped us re-think how to bring their story to our audience in a way that truly fit our brand" said Amy Winter, GM, TLC.
"Jay and I are thrilled to be part of something so positive and exciting," said Niecy. "TLC was the home to my wedding special and after the marriage it just made sense to invite them back to document the journey of our love while doing it with a full house of family and fun."
LEAVE IT TO NIECY is being produced for TLC by Shed Media US. Executive Producers are Jen O'Connell
Stephanie Schwam, and Kevin Williams.
TLC is a global brand that celebrates extraordinary people and relatable life moments through innovative nonfiction programming. A top 10 cable network in key female demos, TLC has built successful franchises around theand brands. In 2011, TLC had 28 series averaging 1.0 million P2+ viewers or more including , , Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, NY Ink, , and .
TLC is available in more than 99 million homes in the US and 75 million households in 34 countries internationally. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites, exclusive video content, and original editorial covering style, home, food, and more. Fans can also interact with TLC via On Demand services, on mobile platforms, including an iPhone App, and through social media such as Facebook or @TLC on Twitter. TLC is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA,DISCB, DISCK), the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 210 countries and territories.