ABC Freshman ‘Last Man Standing’ Earned Second Place In Its Half-Hour
via press note:
For the 3rd week running with its new Tuesday night lineup, ABC earned strong increases over the same night last year (an all-original schedule), building by 1.3 million viewers and by 18% Adults 18-49. ABC stood as the 2nd-most-watched network on Tuesday evening, topping all-original programming on both Fox and NBC. In addition, ABC self-starter Last Man Standing at 8pm once again finished as Tuesday’s most-watched comedyoverall, outdrawing Fox’s Glee-led New Girl at 9pm by 1.7 million viewers.
- Rising over the prior week with Total Viewers (+16%) and Adults 18-49 (+11%), ABC marked its top Tuesday results since November – since 11/29/11 and 11/22/11, respectively.
Surging week to week at 8pm, ABC freshman Last Man Standing earned second place in its half-hour among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49,outdrawing the return of Fox’s Glee to original by 1.2 million viewers and NBC’s The Biggest Loser by 24% in Adults 18-49. Additionally, the broad-appealing ABC comedy ranked #1 in its time slot with Adults 25-54 and key Men (M18-49/M25-54).
- Last Man delivered big year-over-year improvement for ABC in the half-hour, boosting its slot by 51% in viewers and by 44% in young adults over the year-ago night.
- Hitting 6-week highs, the ABC comedy grew sharply week to week in viewers (+13%) and young adults (+24%) – since 12/6/11.
Building on its repeat Last Man Standing lead-in at 9pm with young adults, ABC’s Celebrity Wife Swap improved its hour year to year in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
- Growing its overall audience by 13% week to week, Celebrity Wife Swap matched its top Adult 18-49 number on the night and hit series highswith key Men (M18-34/M18-49).
Gaining on its lead-in (+34%), ABC’s Body of Proof finished as the most-watched TV show during the 10 o’clock hour, besting NBC’s first-run Parenthood by 3.0 million viewers. The ABC sophomore drama also delivered the #1 position in its slot with Adults 25-54.
- The ABC sophomore drama continued to deliver impressive year-to-year increases in Tuesday’s 10pm hour, jumping by 30% in Total Viewers, by 23% in Adults 18-49 and by 28% in Adults 25-54 ahead of the year-ago night.
- Building week to week by 14% viewers, Body of Proof tallied its best numbers since November with Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 – since 11/29/11.