via press release:
Univision Finished the Week as the #2 Network among Adults 18-34, Out Delivering ABC, CBS, and NBC
Season-to-date, Univision is the #1 Network Pick on Friday Nights among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of January 23, 2012 to January 29, 2012
- Univision was the #2 network during primetime last week among Adults 18-34, out delivering ABC (+34%), CBS (+40%) and NBC (+15%) in the demographic.
- Versus the comparable week a year ago, Univision’s primetime audience increased +11% among Adults 18-49, the largest network increase when compared to the English-language broadcast networks (ABC -9%, CBS +8%, NBC +8%, and FOX -32%); Univision’s audience also increased among Total Viewers 2+ (+5%) and Adults 18-34 (+15%) versus the same week a year ago.
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-49. Univision also out-delivered two or more of the English-Language broadcast networks on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34.
- Led by “Una Familia Con Suerte,” Univision ranked as the #2 broadcast network from 8PM to 9PM during the week (based on M-F), among Adults 18-34 and ranked #3 among Adults 18-49. The novela also reported week-to-week audience increases among Total Viewers 2+ (4 million, +5%), Adults 18-49 (2.1 million, +3%), and Adults 18-34 (1.3 million, +5%).
- During the 9PM hour (based on M-F), Univision aired “Que No Podia Amar” to rank as the #1 broadcast network among Adults 18-34.
- “Don Francisco Presenta” built on its prior Monday night performance by double digit margins, averaging 2.9 million Total Viewers 2+ (+21%), 1.6 million Adults 18-49 (+27%), and 770,000 Adults 18-34 (+21%),
- On Wednesday night as the #3 network among Adults 18-49 and #2 network among Adults 18-34, Univision’s entire line-up ranked among the top 10 programs for the night in the respective demographics.
ü At 9PM Univision aired a soccer match between Mexico and Venezuela which generated 3.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.2 million Adults 18-49, and 1.3 million Adults 18-34. It was the 5th most-watched program on television Wednesday night among Adults 18-34 and ranked 7th among Adults 18-49.
- Univision was the #1 network on Friday night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü Univision’s entire primetime line-up including “La Que No Podia Amar,” “Familia Con Suerte” and “Rosa de Guadalupe,” ranked as the top three programs Friday night among Adults 18-34.
ü In the current season Univision has been the #1 Network on Friday nights 17 out of 19 weeks among Adults 18-34 and has had eleven #1 nights among Adults 18-49 more than any other broadcast network.
- Airing “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) Univision ranked as the #3 network among Adults 18-49 and #2 among Adults 18-34, increasing its audience versus the prior week. The telecast attracted 2.9 Million Total Viewers 2+, 1.2 Million Adults 18-49, and 550,000 Adults 18-34 viewers to rank among the top 15 programs for the night in the respective demographics.
- On Sunday night Univision premiered “Parodiando,” its newest reality series which searches for the best impersonators of famous people in Mexico. The series attracted 2.9 Million Total Viewers 2+, 1.6 Million Adults 18-49, and 879,000 Adults 18-34 and ranked among the top 20 programs for the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.