Click this link for the latest CW renewal / cancellation information:
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts potential renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2011-12 season in May, 2012. (includes results from January 2- February 12, 2012):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
|(F)||😐 😐 😐||0.70|
|Ringer||😐 😐 😐||0.73|
|😐 😐 😐||0.76|
|😐 😐 😐||0.83|
Last week when I noted that because of the overall precipitous declines in the CW's ratings this season that it wouldn't surprise me if as many as four of their scripted shows were canceled, some misinterpreted my words as predicting that "Four CW (scripted) shows will be canceled!". Not it at all.
Let me try and be a bit clearer:
- At least two CW scripted shows will be canceled.
- Possibly more than two scripted shows will be canceled.
- If only two are canceled, they will be chosen from the group of , Ringer & .
- If more than two scripted shows are canceled the only shows that seem safe are The , and .
- None of my predictions ever take into account members of the cast/crew deciding to call it quits.
The Renew / Cancel Index above includes results beginning January 2, 2012. How did the CW's shows stack up based on their Fall results? Click here.
*shows no longer on the air have their Renew/Cancel Index "frozen" at the point they left the schedule.
- 😳 - certain to be cancelled by May, 2012
- 😥 :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2012
- 😐 😐 😐 - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2012
- - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2012
- - certain to be renewed by May, 2012
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 averageby the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How would the Renew / Cancel Index Have Done Predicting Last Season's Scripted Show Fates? Check out how the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from the 2010-11 broadcast television season.