via press notes
· Last week’s two-hour AMERICAN IDOL-Wednesday (6.1 > 6.9) gained +13% from Same Day to Live + Three Day, while AMERICAN IDOL-Thursday’s telecast (5.1 > 6.2) garnered a +22% increase in post-Same Day playback, the largest Live + Same Day to Live + Three Day increase for an IDOL telecast since the beginning of L3 measurement (since 1/1/07).
· In post-Same Day playback increases, AMERICAN IDOL Season 11 overall is up five percentage points from the first five weeks of AI10 (+16% vs. +11%).
· On Monday, the Live + Three Day lift for HOUSE (2.4 > 3.2, +33%) was up a notch from the prior week, while ALCATRAZ (1.9 > 2.9, +53%) delivered its strongest Three Day playback gain so far, +22 points ahead of its prior average (+31%).
· On Tuesday, the Live + Three Day playback gain for GLEE (2.8 > 3.9, +39%) was its highest this season, nine percentage points stronger than its average for 2011/12 originals (+30%). NEW GIRL (3.1 > 4.4, +42%) matched its largest post-Same Day playback gain, seven points above its norm for originals (+35%). The playback increase for RAISING HOPE (2.1 > 2.6, +24%) was in line with its average lift this year.
· For the week of 2/13/12, among the 55 original broadcast prime programs for the Monday-Thursday period, 35 programs (64%) outpaced their prior Live + Three Day playback average gains. Despite the increased level of playback, the majority of shows trailed their A18-49 L3 season average rating. Even Modern Family, the #1 scripted program for the week, which posted its highest post-Same Day percentage increase this season, fell -8% below its A18-49 L3 average norm.