via press notes:
Up against Fox with a 2-hour 3rd week in a row in both Total Viewers (+3%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%). In fact, ABC was once again the only broadcaster to post year-to-year gains on the evening in Adults 18-49. The Net ranked #2 to Fox on Wednesday with Adults 18-34, Men 18-34 and Women 18-34., ABC grew over the year-ago Wednesday or the
- ABC’s best-ever 27% in Adults 18-34 to stand as Wednesday’s #1 TV show overall. The ABC comedy was also the night’s #1 show with Women 18-34 and key Men (M18-34/M18-49). outdelivered by a
At 8pm against CBS’ dominated its NBC comedy competition ( ) by 3.4 million viewers and by 53% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC comedy defeated by strong margins in Adults 18-34 (+23%), Men 18-34 (+30%) and Women 18-34 (+27%).: One World and Fox’s Idol, ABC’s The Middle
- Surging year to year by 36% in Teens 12-17, The Middle scored its 2nd-highest-ever number opposite Idol.
Retaining 100% of its young adult lead-in at 8:30pm, ABC’s overshadowed its freshman comedy competition in the half-hour, holding huge advantages over NBC’s , ? in Total Viewers (+100%) and Adults 18-49 (+77% - best-ever). For the 2nd straight week, the ABC freshman comedy outran the second half of across the 18-34 demographics: AD18-34 (+20%), M18-34 (+17%) and W18-34 (+35%). by double digits
- greatly improved its time period for ABC over the year-ago Wednesday, lifting the slot by 1.1 million viewers and by 28% in Adults 18-49.
Wednesday’s #1 scripted TV show in Adults 18-49, ABC’s more than doubled its lead-in at 9pm to dominate its closest scripted competition in the slot by 52% (CBS’ ).
- Jumping over the same night last year by double digits in viewers (+13%) and young adults (+15%), ABC’s tallied the series’ 2nd-strongest results to date opposite on both Nielsen measures.
During the 9:30pm half-hour, ABC’s #1 scripted show in its slot with Adults 18-34, Women 18-34 and Men 18-34.continued to pace as the
- ABC’s Happy Ending built week to week in viewers (+5%) and young adults (+4%), while boosting the Net’s year-ago performance with in the half-hour by 14% in Adults 18-49.