via press release:
USA MOST WATCHED NETWORK FOR FEBRUARY
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – USA was the most watched cable network in February 2012’s prime, averaging 1.18 million in P25-54 (+8% over #2 History Channel), 2.97 million total viewers (+24% over #2 Disney Channel), and 2.27 million households (+33% over #2 Disney Channel) while also bringing in the biggest household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.29, +0.56 over #2 Disney Channel). No other cable network was able to deliver over 2.5 million total viewers or 2 million households in primetime this month and USA was one of only two networks to deliver over 1 in million P18-49 (1.07 million).
USA won the Total Day crown in February as well, being the only network to deliver over half a million in P25-54 (551,000, 7% over #2 TNT)
- ROYAL PAINS and WHITE COLLAR were two of the top three scripted series of the month among P25-54 (RP 1.86 million / WC 1.84 million) and total viewers (4.39 million / 3.97 million)
- USA was the #1 network on cable for P25-54 and total viewers P2+ Wednesdays in the 10pm hour when it aired ROYAL PAINS and when the network aired WHITE COLLAR Tuesdays at 10pm it delivered more P18-34 than CBS.
- ROYAL PAINS delivered more total viewers than “Fringe,” more F18-34 than “A Gifted Man” or “Body of Proof,” and more households than “Cougar Town” this month.
- WHITE COLLAR delivered more P18-34 in February than “Unforgettable,”” Blue Bloods,” and “The Good Wife” and more M18-34 than any “CSI” franchise, “The Amazing Race,” and “Fringe.”
- WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW made USA the #1 network in all of television Mondays from 9pm-11pm in February 2012 among M18-34 and the top cable network in P18-34 and M18-49. USA beat ABC and CBS head to head among P18-34 in this timeslot and outperformed ABC in every male demo (M18-49/25-54/18-34/total males).
- More total viewers (3.37 million) and households (2.59MM) tuned to NCIS on USA in February 2012 than to any other acquired series on cable. No other network aired an acquired drama to over 1 million in P25-54 (NCIS 1.14 million / LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT 863,000), half a million in P18-49 (921,000 / 842,000), 2 million total viewers (3.37 million / 2.22 million), or 2 million households (2.59 million / 1.79 million). USA was also host to the top two acquired dramas on cable for P18-34 (351,000 / 420,000).
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.