Mexico vs. Colombia Reaches 8 Million, while Will Ferrell Speaks Futbol
via press release:
The international friendly featuring the Mexican National Team against the Colombian National Team reached 8 million viewers who tuned in to all or part the broadcast on Univision.
The match on Wednesday, Feb. 29, averaged 4.3 million viewers making it the most-watched sporting event on all of Spanish-language television this year so far. Across other key demographics, the match averaged 1.4 million Adults 18-34 and 2.6 million Adults 18-49.
The match ranked as the No. 2 program among key young male demos, finishing behind ABC’s “Modern Family” in Men 18-34. Additionally, the match helped position Univision as the No. 1 primetime network of the night among Men 18-34.
Wednesday’s soccer match positioned Univision as the No. 1 broadcast station during the time period among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Houston and San Francisco. Additionally, Univision local stations ranked No. 1 during the time period among:
· Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
· Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas (tie), San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
· Men 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
· Men 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
During Univision’s coverage of the Mexico vs. Columbia match, Univision’s Los Angeles station had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined among Adults 18-49, and additionally among:
· Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and Houston
· Men 18-49 in Los Angeles and San Francisco
· Men 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco and Sacramento
In fact, in Los Angeles, Univision had over two times the audience of the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined among Men 18-49 and Men 18-34, and over four times the audience among Adults 18-34.
Source: The Nielsen Company NPM, Live+SD 2/29/12. Broadcast Prime 8:00 PM-11:00 PM EDT. The Nielsen Company, NSI Preliminary Overnights (2/29/12), 8:00 p.m.-10:15 p.m. EST, live game across time zones. Live+Same Day.