ABC Is #1 With Its 2nd-Highest Friday This Season In Adults 18-49
via press release:
ABC ranked #1 on Friday in Adults 18-49 (tying CBS’ original line-up), beating NBC by 13% and Fox by 55%.
- Growing week to week by double digits in viewers (+16%) and young adults (+13%), ABC equaled its 2nd-highest rated Friday night this season in Adults 18-49.
During the 8 o’clock hour, ABC’s Shark Tank finished a strong second in Adults 18-49, while ranking #1 against its network rivals with Adults 18-34, key Men (M18-34/M18-49) and Kids 2-11.
- Building its overall audience for the 2nd week in a row, Shark Tank pulled in the series’ 2nd-most-watched-ever regular telecast.
- Continuing to generate big year-over-year gains for ABC, Shark Tank is improving its hour by 49% in Total Viewers and by 64% in Adults 18-49 over the same nights last year. In fact, in viewers and young adults, it is ABC’s top series in the hour in 6 years – since the 2005-06 season. In addition, Shark Tank is posting its strongest season yet, up 17% in Total Viewers and 20% in young adults over last season.
ABC’s Primetime: What Would You Do? ranked #1 during the 9 o’clock hour in Adults 18-49 (tied w/NBC’s Grimm), beating the season finale of CBS A Gifted Man by 21%. In addition, the ABC newsmagazine won the hour in Adults 18-34, beating out NBC’s Grimm by an impressive 40%.
- Matching season highs, ABC’s Primetime: What Would You Do? jumped week to week by 1.3 million viewers and by 21% in Adults 18-49
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s 20/20 ran in a near-tie for #1 with CBS’ Blue Bloods among Adults 18-49 (pacing within 1-tenth of a rating point and tied in audience share) and won the hour with Women 18-49. In addition, 20/20 beat out its newsmagazine competition by wide margins, outdelivering NBC’s Dateline by 1.5 million viewers, by 31% in Adults 25-54 and by 23% in Adults 18-49. ABC’s 20/20 featured Elizabeth Vargas’ exclusive interview with Gabe Watson, the man who was once accused of killing his new wife while scuba diving on their honeymoon in Australia.
- 20/20’s numbers surged week to week by 1.0 million viewers, by 24% in Adults 25-54 and by 33% in Adults 18-49.