Univision Finished the Week as the #2 Network Among Adults 18-34, Outdelivering ABC, CBS, and NBC for the Week
via press release:
- Univision was the #2 network during primetime last week among Adults 18-34, out delivering ABC (+11%), CBS (+35%) and NBC (+16%) in the demographic. Furthermore for the fifth time out of the last six weeks, Univision has ranked #3 or better Among A18-34.
- · Univision finished February Sweeps posting year over year increases among both Adults 18-49 (1.8 Million viewers, +2%) and Adults 18-34 (1 Million viewers, +1%) during broadcast prime
- Out-performed at least one or more of the English-language networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on virtually every night (26 out of 28 nights) during the February 2012 sweep among Adults 18-34, and on 1 out of every 2 nights among Adults 18-49.
- Beat NBC on more than half the nights among Adults 18-34 and nearly half the nights among Adults 18-49 during broadcast prime.
- Univision was the #1 network on Friday nights among Adults 18-34, beating closest competitor (ABC) by more than a 40% margin.
- Based on the current 2011/2012 season to-date, Univision has out-performed NBC during broadcast prime 52% of the time (87 out of 168 days) among Adults 18-49 and 79% of the time (132 out of 168 days) among Adults 18-34.
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on five out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-49. Univision also out-delivered two or more of the English-Language broadcast networks on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34.
- Versus the comparable week a year ago, Univision’s primetime audience increased +2% among Adults 18-49, while other English-language broadcast networks (ABC -4%, CBS -6%, and FOX -18%) reported declines in the demographic
- Airing “Una Familia Con Suerte” at 8PM, Univision ranked as the #2 broadcast network (based on M-F) among Adults 18-34. Increasing its audience compared to the prior week, “Una Familia Con Suerte” attracted 4.2 Million Total Viewers 2+ (+9%), 2.3 Million Adults 18-49 (+9%), and 1.3 Million Adults 18-34 viewers (+3%).
- During the 10PM hour (based on M-F), Univision aired “La Que No Podia Amar.” Univision ranked as the #2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and held the #4 position among Adults 18-49, out delivering ABC in both demographics. “La Que No Podia Amar” averaged 4.1 Million Total Viewers 2+ and increased its viewership versus the previous week among Adults 18-49 (2.1 Million, +3%) and 1.1 Million Adults 18-34 (1.2 Million, +2%) viewers.
- Univision held the #2 position on Tuesday night among Adults 18-34 and #4 among Adults 18-49. Its entire primetime lineup, including “Una Familia Con Suerte” “El Talismán.” and “La Que No Podia Amar,” ranked among the top 15 programs for the night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- On Wednesday night Univision aired the live international friendly match between the Mexican national Team and Columbian National Team. The Colombian 2-0 win over Mexico helped Univision rank as the #3 network for the night among Adults 18-34 and #4 network among both Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
ü The friendly match delivered an average audience of 4.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.6 million Adults 18-49, and 1.4 million Adults 18-34.
ü Univision’s entire primetime lineup ranked among the top 5 programs for the night among Adults 18-34.
- Univision was positioned as the #2 network on Thursday night among Adults 18-34 and #4 among Adults 18-49. Its entire primetime lineup ranked among the top 10 programs for the night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision was the #1 network on Friday night among Adults 18-34 and ranked as #3 among Adults 18-49.
ü Univision’s entire primetime line-up including “Una Familia Con Suerte,” “El Talismán,” and “La Que No Podia Amar” and ranked as the top three programs Friday night among Adults 18-34.
ü In the current season Univision has been the #1 Network on Friday nights 92% of the time (22 out of 24 weeks) among Adults 18-34 more than any other broadcast network. Season-to-date Univision ranks as the #2 network among Adults 18-49 on Friday nights.
- Univision maintained its rank as the #1 network among Adults 18-34 on Saturday night and rose to the #2 position among Adults 18-49. Airing at 8PM, “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) attracted 2.8 Million Total Viewers 2+, 1.2 Million Adults 18-49, and 638,000 Adults 18-34 viewers to rank among the top 10 programs for the night in the respective demographics. “Sabado Gigante” also reported double digit audience gains from its prior week delivery among Total Viewers 2+ (+10%), Adults 18-49 (+15%) and Adults 18-34 (+22%).
- On Sunday night at 8PM Univision aired the premiere of its reality beauty competition “Nuestra Belleza Latina” (“Our Latin Beauty”). Reaching 6.7 Million Total viewers 2+, the sixth season premiere posted double digit gains over last season’s premiere among Total Viewers 2+ (4 Million, +21%), Adults 18-49 (2 Million, +21%), and Adults 18-34 (1.1 Million, +18%).