via press note:
During the recently completed February 2012 sweep, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew its overall audience from the year-ago sweep (+2%) to generate its most-watched February sweep in 5 years. The ABC late-night program has grown year over year for the 7th time in the last 8 sweep periods.
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) topped CBS’ The Late with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:30am) in both Total Viewers (+8%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%) for the 2nd sweep period in a row. In fact, JKL extended its winning streak over the CBS late-night program in overall viewers to 4 consecutive sweep periods. In addition, JKL led Ferguson in young adults for the 2nd straight February.
During the week following its most-watched post-Oscar telecast ever (week of February 27, 2012), ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live was up over the prior week by 10% in Total Viewers, delivering the largest week-to-week gains of any late-night broadcast talk show. JKL also grew week to week by 14% in Adults 18-49 to hit a 14-week high – since w/o 11/21/11. In addition, JKL also saw its viewer count grow year to year, standing as the only late-night talk show to build its overall audience.
- During the week, ABC’s JKL stood as the #3 late-night talk show in Total Viewers, behind only NBC’s The with Jay Leno and CBS’ The with David Letterman
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) led NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by 5% in Total Viewers and by 4% Adults 18-49.
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) outperformed CBS’ The Late with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by double-digit margins in both Total Viewers (+12%) and Adults 18-49 (+11%), marking the 18th time in the 24 weeks of the season for the ABC late-night program to beat the CBS program in both Nielsen measures. In fact, JKL has drawn a larger overall audience than Ferguson in 23 of 24 weeks this season.
- For the season to date (24 weeks), JKL is building its overall audience through the same weeks last year by 3% in Total Viewers, growing the most year to year of any late-night broadcast talk show.