via press release:
With one week left to go, TBS is poised to win the first-quarter ratings race as basic cable's #1 network in primetime delivery of adults 18-34 and adults 18-49. TBS has chalked up extraordinary growth compared to Q1 2011, driven primarily by its telecasts of , which scored victory as the top sitcom for the quarter. In addition, TBS's late-night series has benefited from the larger lead-in audience, resulting in five consecutive months of growth and a big jump over last quarter.
"We couldn't be more proud of TBS's performance this quarter," said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "The success ofhas exceeded our wildest expectations. The show has given a boost to TBS's entire lineup, and has also provided a great lead-in from which to launch TBS's new summer series and Sullivan & Son."
TBS Q1 2012 Ratings Highlights:
- TBS will finish Q1 2012 as basic cable's #1 network in primetime among adults 18-34 (666,000) and adults 18-49 (1,213,000).
- In achieving its first-place finish, TBS has grown its primetime demo deliveries by leaps and bounds, with adults 18-34 up 30% and adults 18-49 up 34%. Meanwhile, TBS's overall primetime audience has grown by 33% to more than 2.1 million viewers.
- TBS's victory among adults 18-49 unseated USA, which has won the demo in Q1 for the past six years. Among adults 18-34, TBS knocked out MTV, last year's winner for the first quarter.
- Providing TBS with a rocket-charged boost ever since it premiered in October, has averaged more than 3 million viewers in the first quarter, with some episodes climbing to more than 4 million viewers. The series ranks as basic cable's #1 sitcom of the quarter among total viewers, adults 18-34 and adults 18-49.
- TBS's Emmy®-nominated late-night series , hosted by O'Brien, has enjoyed five consecutive months of growth, with a significant jump in ratings over last quarter. In Q1 2012, has averaged 1.1 million viewers (+24% compared to Q4); 427,000 adults 18-34 (+11%); and 726,000 adults 18-49 (+18%).
- continues to boast the youngest audience in the late-night talk show arena, with a median age of 35. A leader in the realm of social media, Conan O'Brien has amassed 5.3 million followers on Twitter, more than any other late-night talk show host. Meanwhile, Team Coco has garnered more than 1.8 million fans on Facebook.
TBS, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is television's top-rated comedy network and is available in 100 million households. It serves as home to the Emmy®-nominated late-night series CONAN, starring Conan O'Brien; and original primetime comedy series like Tyler Perry's and the upcoming , Sullivan & Son, King of the Nerds and Wedding Band. TBS also features an outstanding slate of contemporary comedies, such as , and The , as well as blockbuster movies and championship sports. In addition, TBS produces special live comedy events, including the star-studded comedy festival held each year in Chicago.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.