via press release:
After scoring its best year ever with key demos in 2011, truTV is now on track to earn its most-watched quarter ever in primetime delivery of adults 18-49 and men 18-34, two target demographics for the network. On the competitive front, truTV is poised to finish the quarter ranking among basic cable's Top 10 entertainment networks with men 18-49, also a key demo for the network. In addition, truTV's primetime audience is charting a median age that's younger than the audiences for the network's direct non-fiction competitors. truTV's success continues to be driven by its slate of popular original series, including, , , Impractical Jokers and more.
"This has been another outstanding quarter for truTV as we continue to refine our brand and programming lineup with great storytelling and truly memorable real-life characters," said Marc Juris, executive vice president and chief operating officer of truTV. "We look forward to building on our success throughout the year with exciting new series, like: Fort Bragg, plus several returning favorites."
truTV Q1 2012 Ratings Highlights:
- truTV is on track to claim its biggest quarter ever in primetime delivery of two key demographics for the network: adults 18-49 (606,000) and men 18-34 (156,000). This marks the third year in a row that truTV has scored its best quarter ever, having previously achieved personal bests in Q1 2010 and again in Q1 2011.
- Demonstrating its growing strength against the competition in one of its primary target demos, truTV is in poised to finish the quarter ranking among basic cable's Top 10 entertainment networks in primetime delivery of men 18- 49 (347,000).
- With a median age of 42, truTV claims the youngest primetime audience of all its direct non-fiction competitors, including Discovery (44), A&E (46) and History (48).
- (Tuesdays 9 p.m.) enjoyed a sensational quarter, averaging more than 3.2 million viewers and ranking #1 in its time period among men 18-49. The show also scored a second-place ranking in its timeslot with viewers, key adult demos and men 18-34, with triple-digit time-period growth across the board.
- (Mondays 10 p.m.) hitched up 2.5 million viewers in Q1 2012, ranking among ad-supported cable's Top 5 programs in the timeslot with viewers and key adult and male demos. Centering on Ron and Amy Shirley and their Wendell, N.C., towing company, the show has helped drive truT V's median age down, coming in six years younger than truTV's overall primetime median age. Also this quarter, delivered truTV's most-watched telecast ever with adults 18-34.
- (Tuesdays 9:30 p.m.) stirred up 2.4 million viewers in Q1 with its look at the cutthroat world of storage auctions. The show, which is in its first season, scored Top 5 timeslot rankings with adults and men 18-49.
- Impractical Jokers (Thursdays 10 p.m.), truTV's newest hit, has brought in more than 2 million viewers in its first season. The show, which follows four lifelong friends as they dare each other to perform embarrassing feats in public, ranks among cable's Top 5 non-sports programs in the timeslot with adult and male demos. Impractical Jokers is also one of truTV's youngest-skewing series, scoring a median age of on ly 34.
- returned with a vengeance for its third season, garnering Top 5 rankings in its timeslot with viewers, adults and men. The show, which goes behind the scenes at one of the largest biker bars in the world, averaged 2.2 million viewers in Q1, delivering triple-digit time-period growth across the board.
- tapped 1.6 million viewers in Q1 2012, capping what turned out to be its most-watched season yet. The series about Texas oil workers also ranked among cable's Top 5 entertainment programs in its timeslot with key male demos.
- truTV's , Impractical Jokers, and all ranked among basic cable's Top 50 unscripted series.
This summer, truTV will premiere its new series: Fort Bragg, a very different look at the pawn business, focusing almost entirely on weapons and military equipment. In addition, several series are slated to return with new episodes over the coming months, including Hardcore Pawn (tonight), Impractical Jokers (March 29), Bait Car (April 8), World's Dumbest (June 7) and Lizard Lick Towing (June 11).