via press release:
With its lineup of biggest audience in late-night in 8 weeks – since the week of 1/16/12. ABC also grew its overall late-night audience year to year for the 3rd consecutive week (+2%) and once again stood as the only broadcaster to see yearly growth in Total Viewers (CBS was down -16%; NBC was down -4%). For the 2nd week in a row, ABC finished as the most-watched network in late-night in Total Viewers, beating CBS by 15% and NBC by 6%. ABC also ranked #1 in late-night in Adults 18-49, leading CBS by 7% and NBC by 10%.and Jimmy Kimmel Live during the week of March 12, 2012, ABC saw increases over the prior week of 9% in Total Viewers and 19% in Adults 18-49, drawing its
ABC’sstood as the #1 program in late-night for the 3rd consecutive week in all target demos – Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49 – for the week of March 12, 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research. In fact, for the 4th time in the last 5 weeks, has ranked #1 in all 3 measures. saw week-to-week improvement in Total Viewers (+2%), Adults 25-54 (+4%) and Adults 18-49 (+6%), hitting a 4-week high in the key adult news demo – best since w/o 2/13/12. Season to date, Nightline ranks #1 in late-night among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49, ahead of both NBC’s The and CBS’ The . This marks the 2nd straight year that the ABC program is taking the top spot in overall viewers and in the key adult news demo.
During the week, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew over its most recent week of originals two weeks ago by 7% in Total Viewers to attract its largest audience in nearly 4 months – since w/o 11/21/11. JKL was also up over the same week last year by 10% in viewers and by 4% in young adults, marking its 3rd straight week to grow its overall audience year to year. In fact, JKL stood as the only late-night broadcast talk show to build over the year-ago week in either Total Viewers or Adults 18-49. ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live (M-F 12am) topped CBS’ The with David Letterman (M-F 11:35pm) by 14% in Adults 18-34, leading the CBS late-night program in each corresponding original telecast of the week: Monday (+14%), Tuesday (+8%) and Wednesday (+8%). ABC’s JKL outperformed CBS’ The Late with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by impressive double-digit margins in both Total Viewers (+38%) and Adults 18-49 (a season-best +29%), marking the 19th time in the 26 weeks of the season for the ABC late-night program to beat the CBS program in both Nielsen measures. In fact, for the 25th week of 26 this season, JKL has drawn a larger overall audience than Ferguson. Season to date (26 weeks), Jimmy Kimmel Live is building its overall audience through the same weeks last year by 4% in Total Viewers, growing the most year to year of any late-night broadcast talk show.