Travel Channel Premieres ‘Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America’ on Wednesday June 6
via press release:
“ADAM RICHMAN’S BEST SANDWICH IN AMERICA” EMBARKS ON THE
ULTIMATE NATIONAL COMPETITION FOR THE TITLE OF TASTIEST
New Original Series Premieres with Back-to-Back Episodes
on Wednesday, June 6 at 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., ET/PT on Travel Channel
Viewer’s Choice for Wildcard Sandwich Kicks Off Today on Travelchannel.com
CHEVY CHASE, MD (April 11, 2012) – Travel Channel fan-favorite Adam Richman has sampled countless variations of this delectable and ingenious American icon, and now he is crisscrossing the country on a mission to find the most delicious sandwich ever created. “Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America,” premiering Wednesday, June 6 at 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., ET/PT, is an 11-episode weekly series (10 half-hour shows with a special one-hour finale), which documents Richman’s nationwide quest to find the best thing since sliced bread ON sliced bread. Using his own BITE SCALE (B=Bread, I=Interior, T=Taste, E=Eating Experience), Richman samples and judges the three most mouthwatering masterpieces a region has to offer. After naming a regional favorite in 10 geographical locales, each winning sandwich moves to the finals, to face off against each other and two secret wildcards – earning a chance to compete in the ultimate national championship – and fight for the title of “Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America.” Travel Channel fans will also have the opportunity to participate in the show. Starting today, viewers can log on to travelchannel.com to vote for a wildcard sandwich to compete in the running for “best sandwich in America.” (Click here to cast your vote: http://trvl.ch/ac9wQ).
“All of Travel Channel’s shows have an underlying thread of travel through every storyline,” said Andy Singer, General Manager, Travel Channel. “Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America’ is a travel series that transforms locally known hot spots into iconic travel destinations through the lens of local pride, the city, the people and, of course, their local hero – the sandwich.”
In the first episode of the season premiere at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT, Richman journeys to the Northeast, visiting Pennsylvania and New York. Which sandwich will come out on top in this region? No spoilers given here. Viewers will have to watch to find out.
- · Primanti Brothers is the true taste of Pittsburgh! With over 20 mega-sized
sandwiches on the menu, one of the best is The Cap & Egg. The sandwich is loaded capicola, coleslaw, a runny egg, tomatoes and a handful of hand-cut fries in between hand sliced Italian bread.
- · Inside Philadelphia’s Reading Terminal Market, Tommy DiNic’s roast pork and beef creations are culinary masterpieces. The Roast Pork Sandwich consists of slow roast pork, aged provolone, roasted peppers and greens and is dripping with juice.
- · Katz’s has been New York’s most famous deli since 1888, recreating the flavors of the Old World. Katz’s Corned Beef and Pastrami Sandwich is smoked to juicy perfection and the meat is hand carved to your specifications. This New York staple is typically eaten on rye bread with mustard but Richman’s favorite way to eat this sandwich is with Russian dressing and coleslaw.
In the second episode of the season premiere at 9:30 p.m., ET/PT, Richman travels to the Gulf Coast, visiting Louisiana and Florida. The sandwich contenders in this region include:
- · Domilise’s Po-Boy and Bar is a no frills, hole-in-the-wall restaurant that is a New Orleans must-eat. All ingredients are fresh and delicious, but a favorite at Domilise’s is the Shrimp Po Boy fully dressed with pickles. Add loads of fresh shrimp straight from the fry basket onto a loaf of locally made bread, and make sure it gets dressed with tomato, lettuce, and creole mustard with some pickles to top it off.
- · Aguila Sandwich Shop in Tampa is a family run sandwich shop known for their
authentic Cuban cuisine. Owner, Mario Aguila, makes sure his sandwiches are
assembled true to form, back to the way they were originally made. The Media
Noche is similar to the well-known Cubano, but with a sweeter variety of bread.
It’s stacked with cooked ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, mayo, mustard and
- · Skipper’s Smokehouse in Tampa has a menu filled with Floridian favorites and fresh catches. A favorite here is the Grouper Reuben. The sandwich has a filet of grouper topped with melted Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing, and warm sauerkraut placed between two slices of marble rye bread.
VOTE FOR THE WILDCARD CONTENDER: Kicking off today, viewers can go to travelchannel.com to vote (click here: http://trvl.ch/ac9wQ) for one of the top five sandwich contenders submitted by fans to compete as a wildcard in the national competition for “Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America.” Voting will close on Thursday, April 19, 2012. The sandwich with the top votes will be revealed as one of the wildcard contenders in the season finale airing on Wednesday, August 15, 2012
“Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America” is based on an idea by Adam Richman and produced by Sharp Entertainment for Travel Channel. For Sharp, the executive producers are Matt Sharp, Bob Larson, Dan Adler and Adam Richman, and the series co-executive producer is Bonnie Biggs. For Travel Channel, the executive producer is Daniel A. Schwartz.