via press note:
With ABC’s 8-10pm comedy block returning to all-originals for the first time in 4 weeks (since 3/14/12) followed by aclip-show, the Net posted its strongest Wednesday since February in viewers and young adults – since 2/29/12.
- · ABC was up over the same night last year in Total Viewers (+9%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%).
At 8pm, against CBS’ outdelivered NBC’s by 13% in viewers and by 31% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC comedy beat out for its 5th straight original telecast in Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34.: One World and the start of Fox’s 2-hour Idol, ABC’s
- · rose by double digits over its year-ago telecast on the evening, surging by 15% in viewers and by 17% in young adults year to year.
Retaining 100% of its young adult lead-in at 8:30pm, ABC’s towered over its NBC freshman comedy competition in its slot, more than doubling the numbers for NBC’s in Total Viewers (+110%) and Adults 18-49 (+133%). For the 5th time in as many first-run telecasts, the ABC freshman comedy outran the second half of with Adults 18-34 (+15%) and Women 18-34 (+29%). : One World by double digits
- · big year-over-year improvement for ABC in the half-hour, jumping by 27% in viewers and by 40% in young adults over original comedy programming on the same night last year. delivered
Wednesday’s dominant #1 scripted TV show in Adults 18-49, ABC’s nearly doubled its lead-in at 9pm to beat out its nearest scripted competition by 37% (CBS’ ). In addition, finished as Wednesday’s #1 TV program among hard-to-reach Men 18-34, beating out Idol by 13% in the time period.
- · ABC’s grew over its year-ago broadcast by 7% in viewers and by 5% in young adults.
During the 9:30pm half-hour against the conclusion of Idol, ABC’s debut of Don’t #1 scripted show in its slot across the 18-34 demographics (A18-34/W18-34/M18-34).--- in Apartment 23 opened as the
- · Exhibiting improved lead-in retention for ABC, the series debut of Don’t drew the Net’s biggest audience in the slot in over 3 months and its highest Adult 18-49 number in more than 2 months – since 1/4/12 and 2/8/12, respectively. In addition, the show improved the half-hour for ABC year to year with in Adults 18-49 (+4%). --- in Apartment 23
- · Holding strong retention of its best retention in the half-hour coming out of an original – since 4/13/11. in 1 year ’s lead-in with viewers and young adults (68%/71%), Don’t --- in Apartment 23 generated ABC’s
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s in both Total Viewers (+4%) and Adults 25-54 (+10%), while tying among Adults 18-49. In addition, beating original dramas on CBS and NBC in, ABC ranked : From the Beginning series recap show defeated NBC’s original Law & Order: #1 in the hour with Women 18-34.